Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Not

Default Don't tell me about your character...

But do tell what type of character you've had the most fun with, or had fun with the most recently.

For me, it was a low-IQ paladin. He had just the right mixture of confidence and cack-handedness to really make a blessed mess of things.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Default Re: Don't tell me about your character...

For me, it's the only kind of character I've ever played willingly: A heroic person who does the right thing (killing monsters and not attacking innocent townsfolk) and gets rewarded for it (in the form of experience points and money). Whether paladin, ranger, bard, cleric, or wizard; whether halfling, half-elf, or half-tanuki.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
evileeyore
Banned

I've a long history of playing an elven 'rogue' who is lazy, decadent, immoral, impractical, irreverent, but showy and competent as all get out.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
jason taylor

I just used a more heroic me as my favorite. Which is kind of unimaginitive. But I have a whole cast of characters to make up for it.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
TorgSmith

As GM, my favorites are the ones I can go in mass and have the players just leave a trail of bodies. WOOT!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
Bruno

At the highest level, I keep playing big, funny looking, physical characters who are part of a minority group and from a foreign culture. Bonus points if they have natural weapons (teeth, claws, horns, spikes...). Not necessarily dumb ones, but not intellectuals. When I'm tired, just thinking through "I hit it with my hammer" is about my limit; being from a far-away place where they speak another language is a good excuse for being a bit lost in conversation.

But I can usually make do with a subset of the above (and I'll accept tiny instead of big if they're supposed to be thinkers).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #7
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

I love being tiny and/or of mixed ancestry. Raised like a commoner but secretly (or not so) of royal lineage or the descendant of a great hero of the ancient times. Normal person Banestormed into a fantasy world and given new bodily abilities to match.

There are many character concepts that appeal to me on a very basic level, but behaviorally I'm all about being the good guy, killing bad guys, and collecting.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #8
gruundehn

If it ain't a Dwarf then I want something oddball. But you could guess the Dwarf, right?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
starslayer

I like to play the oddball out- I'll play the anti-villian in the heroic party, the reformed vampire in the 'fight the supernatural' setting, the cowardly tentacle monster who's natural anti-magic and 'pinning' abilities are a natural fit in any fight (even if he'd rather be elsewhere).

I also really like my PCs to be self-moativated; given a GM who just says 'I'm out of ideas today' many of my PCs will happily tend to their own devices and that will turn into an adventure.... possibly a ten session long adventure to retrieve multiple magical objects and stop a demon from digesting the sun.

I also like my PCs disadvantages to actually come up- most of the time I just have them succumb, not even try to resist their urges (I strangely only rarely take lower resistance rolls)
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #10
Kalzazz

Cute things that make things die is probably the best general description of character designs I prefer
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote