Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #91
PK

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd
Sure. But for any system with decent security the change your password function *is*, and realistically I certainly can't remember the logins and passwords of everything I have an account on, and I doubt anybody else can either,
Dude, you are one serious pessimist. I half-expect your response to this to be, "Yeah, but with my luck I'll download the file and then get hit by a train before I can read it, so I'd rather not bother . . ." Sometimes the bright side really is bright, you know. :)

Quote:
unless they foolishly use the same one for everything, so if the list disappears....
...you email Fade or Kira, explain the situation, and wait patiently for it to be resolved. I mean, this isn't exactly Amazon.com -- you can count the staff involved on two hands and you even know their names. While I darn well hope no one starts taking the "don't bother remembering my password, just bug the staff every time I need it" approach, I can tell you that I've had website/account-type issues before, and I never had a problem getting it resolved.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #92
David Johansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha
Seriously, if done well I'd buy that at the same price point.
I'd go as high as $120, but then I'm still enjoying the rush of the Canadian dollar being at par. I'm used to big box games running that high.

I did some sample stats for things like Mecha and the Ogre MK X on the Ogre forums a while back but I think they've long since been purged.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #93
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen
I did some sample stats for things like Mecha and the Ogre MK X on the Ogre forums a while back but I think they've long since been purged.
Probably not; General Chatter is the only forum with a regular purge frequency. Low-volume forums such as Ogre/GEV don't ever get purged, as far as I know.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #94
Greg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
Parents shopping at Borders for a game are a lot more likely to pick up Munchkin -- hey, this looks like a game! -- than they are GURPS.
Do kids play GURPS?
Greg 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 AM   #95
dravenloft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 1
Do kids play GURPS?
Archangelbeth's and Ed The Coastie's kids do.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #96
Greg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company
What made me happy overall is knowing that the company is doing well. Revenues are up at a time when the industry as a whole is in decline,
Aye! I know nothing about business but statements such as

Quote:
Our 2007 gross was a bit over $2.7 million, about a 12% increase over 2006
and

Quote:
Sales were up by about 20%, and this year they were more consistent.
are impressive indeed. Let us hope that things continue to go well!

Like a lot of folks, I would rather have print books than PDFs, but the most important thing is that I get as much new GURPS content as possible. If PDF is the best way to do that, then so be it.

Despite my GURPS obsession, I am also very happy to know that SJG is developing new games. I would hate for the company's future to ride solely on the continued popularity of Munchkin.
Greg 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #97
Michaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
...you email Fade or Kira, explain the situation, and wait patiently for it to be resolved.
Right idea, but the email should actually go to orders@sjgames.com (there's also a link on the login page). Fade and Kira are both capable of handling this, of course, but we have them busy making the sites more shiny and cool. :)
Michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #98
jSarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
Dude, you are one serious pessimist. I half-expect your response to this to be, "Yeah, but with my luck I'll download the file and then get hit by a train before I can read it, so I'd rather not bother . . ." Sometimes the bright side really is bright, you know. :)
Seriously. You might forget the passwords, but you might also forget your hardcopy version under a bus seat. There's ways you can lose ANY product if you aren't willing to be at least a little bit careful.
jSarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #99
jimminy

Thanks for the report. It is great to know what is going on year after year. I know that my GURPS buying habits change annually - in the past three years I have been in 18 countries and living in three. Whenever I am settled and have cash, I buy up big on GURPS (and, to a lesser extent, Munchkin). I love this company and you can count on getting some more of my money in the future (when I have some; I am volunteering in Hungary now and the wages aren't exactly great... But I am hoping to introduce the students here to GURPS through the PDFs I have!).

Having been a roleplayer for 14 years I feel that SJG have got it down to a perfect science with GURPS 4e. When I am settled there is no lovelier pleasure than the company of good friends and an all-Sunday-long game of GURPS. This fun with friends, this recreation, this trip into imagination each weekend... It seems so simple on one level, but on another it is one of the high points of life, one of the sweet moments that makes life worth living. Thanks for years of great memories, guys, and here's to many more to come!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #100
walkir

One thing that wasn't in the report, but still is interesting (at least to me):

Considering the price of a dollar and the increase of electronic product, was there a noticeable increase in foreign sales? (You can't export a PDF, can you?)
walkir is offline   Reply With Quote