Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #1981
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Then let's see if we can shut this rodeo down before someone gets hurt," Kane says calmly, watching Sunae ride the Phaeton like a bucking bronc. For a moment, he taps into the deep wells of Creation, silently calling on his Uncommon Sense to find a way through -- something that will either calm the wild automobile or arrest its motion without endangering the watchers or breaking Sunae's neck.

If she could get at the angel of mercy brake ... hmmm ... if I sing to it, will it calm and respond? Ethereals hear the undertones .... rope, a hose, something to tie this critter down? ...

Thoughts chasing each other, he tries to quiet his tactical consciousness and let Eli's inspiration go to work.
What a delightful brain-toy for me! But I'm not clear--what are you thinking 'a rope, a hose'? He's going to tie down a car? Or just the mercy brake? And sing to it--Phaeton? How much does Kane know about that?

--edit-- giggle. Googled "Phaeton". That's not the model name of the car you're seeing. I haven't specified, but how about...Mustang? As in the car is a Mustang but Ryuki called it an "off-Broadway Phaeton".

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-22-2017 at 07:09 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #1982
ladyarcana55

Is it okay for me to wait until after we get the result on Kane's actions? It will definitely affect Sunae's actions.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #1983
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
What a delightful brain-toy for me! But I'm not clear--what are you thinking 'a rope, a hose'? He's going to tie down a car? Or just the mercy brake? And sing to it--Phaeton? How much does Kane know about that?

--edit-- giggle. Googled "Phaeton". That's not the model name of the car you're seeing. I haven't specified, but how about...Mustang? As in the car is a Mustang but Ryuki called it an "off-Broadway Phaeton".
That was basically his brain glazing through different options, whether it's jamming the mercy brake, or using random objects to trap or upend it (Malakite of Creation), or singing soothingly to the wild spirit inside it. He's priming the pump for whatever inspiration may come.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #1984
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Is it okay for me to wait until after we get the result on Kane's actions? It will definitely affect Sunae's actions.
It emphatically will, especially...

Quote:
That was basically his brain glazing through different options, whether it's jamming the mercy brake, or using random objects to trap or upend it (Malakite of Creation), or singing soothingly to the wild spirit inside it. He's priming the pump for whatever inspiration may come.
...if Kane figures out what exactly he is dealing with. The Creative advice hinges on having the facts, in this case.

Of course, if he overhears another character mentioning what it is, that could help...
Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #1985
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
It emphatically will, especially...

...if Kane figures out what exactly he is dealing with. The Creative advice hinges on having the facts, in this case.

Of course, if he overhears another character mentioning what it is, that could help...

As a player, I think I remember Phaeton -- either the solar chariot, or the solar charioteer, right? The key will be if the cowboy singer has a reason to know. Either way, approaching this like either a) a rodeo or b) a spooked horse may not be a bad start. But his ears are open ...

Old 09-23-2017, 12:25 AM   #1986
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
As a player, I think I remember Phaeton -- either the solar chariot, or the solar charioteer, right? The key will be if the cowboy singer has a reason to know. Either way, approaching this like either a) a rodeo or b) a spooked horse may not be a bad start. But his ears are open ...
Check your PM. It's not something I expect would come to Kane's mind...
Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #1987
Rocket Man

Thank you. Apologies for the delay; I'm down with a cold and my brain is fuzzier than usual.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #1988
tHEhERETIC

Now I really do have do GM things and crunch some numbers. Mitch's Song will make some noise, which will get certain parties to react, but in what way and what direction will hinge heavily on the other members of the party, what they're doing and where.

Time to get all charty.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #1989
ladyarcana55

Since Mitch made a move, Sunae will most likely move too. But I will wait until you, the GM, are done with your thing.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #1990
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Since Mitch made a move, Sunae will most likely move too. But I will wait until you, the GM, are done with your thing.
Good idea.

Right now I'm waiting for RocketMan's cold to pass, so he can read the Resonance I sent, which says he needs more data from another PC, and then I can calculate the quite-possibly nonstandard cost of said Resonance, at which point Kane might tell Sunae something that will affect her actions, which will affect the car's actions,but what Mitch does will also affect the car, no telling about the guy with the rope, at which point I have to calculate Corp hits but before that I have to retool total Corp hits because having Glen with only 6 is just unreasonable, especially when Shenmachel had seven times that.

So yeah...good idea.

Tags
in nomine