Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #121
Andygal

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He shakes her hand warmly, a gesture he's obviously familiar with. "You see what I mean about imps?" He watches her face to see if she understands he's speaking of literal imps. Comfortable with her reaction, he leads Ida inside to a set of tables set up for people to organize their things. He sets down a briefcase, flicks it open, and hands her an envelope from inside it. "I hope that's the right amount," he says. "I didn't know if you took credit cards, so I didn't chance it." Also inside the briefcase, wrapped in bubblewrap, is what appears to be a very old book.
Ida smiles wryly, "Not the first time I've had to clean up after the little buggers."

She takes the envelope and checks inside, "This'll do nicely, pleasure doing business with you, if you need tech support in future, do feel free to call me." She hands him one of her business cards.

She eyes the book, but fails to find a polite way to ask about it.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #122
tHEhERETIC

Two angels and a demon get into a car....no, it's not the setup for a bad joke. It's one option Mitchim faces for getting to the Bay Area. There's a lot of good he can do that way, but there's also the prospect of being cooped in a car for eight hours with an unrepentant Impudite, and a redeemed Djinn who at some point is going to explain to said Impudite that he's now a Cherub.

An old gas guzzler pulls up in front of the Tradewinds early Monday morning, and Dennis holds the door open. Eight hours later the trio arrive at the antique book fair, with Bruce the Impudite looking like he desperately wants to be anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Friendly smile, shining eyes. Definitely.

Softly, to Corat. "Well, looks like you got two honorary shadows."
"Sweet." Corat's genuinely pleased. "One tiny thing, Kane. Ryuki is super protective of his little girl. I wouldn't even breach the subject if there's anyone else around. He's got it into his head that the fewer people know about her, the safer she is."

Corat offers his elbow to Sunae, half-expecting her to refuse it on quasi-feminist grounds. "Let's go stalk some bookworms."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida smiles wryly, "Not the first time I've had to clean up after the little buggers."

She takes the envelope and checks inside, "This'll do nicely, pleasure doing business with you, if you need tech support in future, do feel free to call me." She hands him one of her business cards.

She eyes the book, but fails to find a polite way to ask about it.
"Much appreciated." He considers the scribblings on the frame of the monitor a minute before closing his laptop and putting it inside his suitcase, under the book. He walks casually towards the occult books section, looking back a moment to see if Ida will follow.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #123
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Sweet." Corat's genuinely pleased. "One tiny thing, Kane. Ryuki is super protective of his little girl. I wouldn't even breach the subject if there's anyone else around. He's got it into his head that the fewer people know about her, the safer she is."
"Even from his father, which really disgusts me."

Quote:
Corat offers his elbow to Sunae, half-expecting her to refuse it on quasi-feminist grounds. "Let's go stalk some bookworms."
She takes his arm and smiles. She lets him lead the way
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #124
Andygal

Quote:
"Much appreciated." He considers the scribblings on the frame of the monitor a minute before closing his laptop and putting it inside his suitcase, under the book. He walks casually towards the occult books section, looking back a moment to see if Ida will follow.
Ida takes the glance as an invitation and follows a few feet behind him
Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #125
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Even from his father, which really disgusts me."
"For the record, I agree with you on that. I know where he's coming from, but he needs to man up and take charge of the situation." Corat leads them towards the occult books where, sure enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida takes the glance as an invitation and follows a few feet behind him
Ryuki steps up to a familiar booth. "Hey Glen," he addresses the man behind the table. It's clear he knows the guy, at least on a business level. Slowly and gracefully he pulls the briefcase up, holding it over one arm and flicking it open. With his left hand he lifts the bubble-wrapped book and sets it on top. "I was hoping to sell today."

Dennis has led Bruce and Mitchim in the same direction, and it's clear that the sight of Mr. Loan Shark gets his blood pressure up. He's holding it together...for now.

tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #126
Dalillama

Quote:

Ryuki steps up to a familiar booth. "Hey Glen," he addresses the man behind the table. It's clear he knows the guy, at least on a business level. Slowly and gracefully he pulls the briefcase up, holding it over one arm and flicking it open. With his left hand he lifts the bubble-wrapped book and sets it on top. "I was hoping to sell today."
The man behind the table is of average height, beginning to show a light paunch under the decorated robes he's wearing, His hair is dark and thinning, but he still wears it past shulder length and pulled back to show off his Widow's peak.

"Good evening Ryuki." He says. "What have you brought me this time?" He slides the book towards him and takes a look at it, leaving it wrapped at first.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #127
Puck

Quote:
Two angels and a demon get into a car....no, it's not the setup for a bad joke. It's one option Mitchim faces for getting to the Bay Area. There's a lot of good he can do that way, but there's also the prospect of being cooped in a car for eight hours with an unrepentant Impudite, and a redeemed Djinn who at some point is going to explain to said Impudite that he's now a Cherub.

An old gas guzzler pulls up in front of the Tradewinds early Monday morning, and Dennis holds the door open. Eight hours later the trio arrive at the antique book fair, with Bruce the Impudite looking like he desperately wants to be anywhere else.
"Don't worry" Mich says cheerfuly "We'll get you a hotel. Somwhere quiet. It's a lot to take in." He pats Bruce on the shoulder and turns to Dennis "Are you planning on wandering the fair for a while? I was thinking of calling Ryuki and setting up a meeting."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #128
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
The man behind the table is of average height, beginning to show a light paunch under the decorated robes he's wearing, His hair is dark and thinning, but he still wears it past shoulder length and pulled back to show off his Widow's peak.

"Good evening Ryuki." He says. "What have you brought me this time?" He slides the book towards him and takes a look at it, leaving it wrapped at first.
"Just something small." That could mean anything with this guy--false modesty or a true description. He unwraps the book, revealing a plain brown book cover. Delicately he opens the cover to reveal a title: "Philosophia cabbalistica et Pantheismus". He doesn't bother 'selling' it, just lets Glen examine it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Don't worry" Mich says cheerfuly "We'll get you a hotel. Somwhere quiet. It's a lot to take in." He pats Bruce on the shoulder and turns to Dennis "Are you planning on wandering the fair for a while? I was thinking of calling Ryuki and setting up a meeting."
"Uh-huh," Bruce says cynically. "A hotel, in a quiet part of San Francisco. Where you'll never hear from me again after your Malakite buddies have a few hours of fun. No thank you. I'm sticking with you guys."

"The 'little room out back'." Dennis reminds Mitchim of their inside joke, the one from the day Marc dropped by. "You behave, and I'll make sure you get some protector you can play around with." Dennis had been honest with his attuned, telling him they were taking him to find some sorcerer or the like he could glom onto. Bruce of course did not believe any of it.

"Mitchim," Dennis addresses him, "you be careful of that guy. He seems really reasonable until he's charging you interest. Granted, a lot of his tricks won't work on an angel so you--we--should be okay...." He realizes what this means. "Hey, mind if I go with you?" His eyes canvas the place for some rube to pawn Bruce off on.

seraph resonance: Bruce is bluffing. He's rather pathetic--if he has any self-defense abilities he hasn't shown them. "I'm sticking with you guys" is not quite the truth.
Trade--what will it take to convince him to let you stash him someplace? Being stashed with someone who's either an ally or a patsy.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 07-01-2011 at 05:38 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #129
Dalillama

Quote:
"Just something small." That could mean anything with this guy--false modesty or a true description. He unwraps the book, revealing a plain brown book cover. Delicately he opens the cover to reveal a title: "Philosophia cabbalistica et Pantheismus". He doesn't bother 'selling' it, just lets Glen examine it.
"I think i can use this. If you don't mind?" Glen slides the book out of its wrapping to check it's condition.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #130
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"I think i can use this. If you don't mind?" Glen slides the book out of its wrapping to check it's condition.
A little wear on the spine but nothing serious. Not mint, clearly been read, but certainly saleable. (See link in previous post, and consider that your book.)

Tags
in nomine