Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #1111
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I thought we ascertained that Corat was closest to the house at the time? So he would have it.
Sunae sighs and grabs the first corpse and throws it in the corner, and proceeds to clear the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Suffer not ... if it's my choice, Kane reminds himself. Sure, he didn't make any deal himself and doesn't plan to. But Corat and Nisroc are technically the ones in charge here, and if their decision is to hold off on Ruby for now -- he doesn't like it, but he'll grit his teeth and wait for the next opportunity.
Corat realizes that the bow and sword together make it impossible to pitch in and help move corpses, and that was unacceptable. Instead he hands both and the arrows to Ryuki.

At first Ryuki is honored--these are serious supernatural weapons, a long way even from his grandfather's swords. He handles them with due reverence, even as he realizes his friend had ulterior motives. Are you calling me prissy? he thought, testing the limits of the Battle band. Would it pick that up, if he didn't explicitly send it?

He had no desire to handle the corpses of such foul beings, especially in the condition they were in. His friend was sparing his dignity...Thank you old man. he thought-out-loud, more quietly thinking what the particulars of phrasing would mean.

Corat snorted across the Battle band. <<You're welcome.>>
Quote:
Once the way is clear and the parking brake is off, he helps guide the ice cream truck out of the garage, watching carefully for anything that might cause dangerous friction. The gas levels should be down a bit, but still, no sense in takin' chances.
Corat lets Ryuki continue to hold the bow and arrows (and the sword, unless Sunae takes it back) as he helps push the truck. Unwilling to be left out, Ryuki pushes with his hips and back, still holding the weapons. He and Ruby exchange sneers. Corat jumps in before he starts throwing taunts.

"Now see here Ruby, all you've got to do is pull a car in here and have your guys load up the trunk, nice and sheltered from the view of all the neighbors."

She's clearly not happy that she couldn't get into the ice-cream truck, and answers only with a pout.

"The hose on the side of the house still works, though you'll have to get the young charbroiled fellow off it."

"That was Josh's favorite soldier. He'll be really angry when he figures out who he is. But," she sighs dramatically, "we made a deal. You have safe passage, to the best of my ability to provide it. I wouldn't clean up but that it's in my best interest to do so. Well played. Though I do need one more thing. Ryuki my puppy, would you please release my two helpers from your circle by the front door?"

He makes noncommittal noises as if to say, no, maybe, no.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1112
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat lets Ryuki continue to hold the bow and arrows (and the sword, unless Sunae takes it back) as he helps push the truck.
Sunae has no objections to him holding the sword.

"Kanojo no namae wa honō no jōka sa rete i"

And at the same timeshe transmits through the battle band

<<Her name is Purifying Flame>>
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #1113
Puck

Quote:
Corat lets Ryuki continue to hold the bow and arrows (and the sword, unless Sunae takes it back) as he helps push the truck. Unwilling to be left out, Ryuki pushes with his hips and back, still holding the weapons. He and Ruby exchange sneers. Corat jumps in before he starts throwing taunts.

"Now see here Ruby, all you've got to do is pull a car in here and have your guys load up the trunk, nice and sheltered from the view of all the neighbors."

She's clearly not happy that she couldn't get into the ice-cream truck, and answers only with a pout.

"The hose on the side of the house still works, though you'll have to get the young charbroiled fellow off it."

"That was Josh's favorite soldier. He'll be really angry when he figures out who he is. But," she sighs dramatically, "we made a deal. You have safe passage, to the best of my ability to provide it. I wouldn't clean up but that it's in my best interest to do so. Well played. Though I do need one more thing. Ryuki my puppy, would you please release my two helpers from your circle by the front door?"

He makes noncommittal noises as if to say, no, maybe, no.
Mitch joins in the pushing of the ice cream truck, clearly releved that it made it out of all this in once piece. He glances at Ryuke and chides him gently "A deal was made and it should be followed though. So, do release her minions and let's move on." He looks around for any bird or small animal that might be the senechal of the tether.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #1114
alexondria

Zahirah would have quietly helped with moving the bodies and pushing the truck despite her players inattentiveness.

(ooc aren't the 2 from the ward at the door drained of essence and taken back through the bridge with Glen? or am I confusing them with other demons?)
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #1115
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch joins in the pushing of the ice cream truck, clearly releved that it made it out of all this in once piece. He glances at Ryuke and chides him gently "A deal was made and it should be followed though. So, do release her minions and let's move on." He looks around for any bird or small animal that might be the senechal of the tether.
Ryuki mutter-grumble-growls, hands Corat back his bow (but holds onto the sword!) and turns on his heel. <<That's mostly for show>> he projects as he walks to free the captive demons <<but she only uses the pet names to cause trouble, and because she knows they bother me.>> He walks to the front door like a reluctant child and glares at the demons who scoot as far to the opposite end of the welcome mat as they can. He slices a pie-shaped opening in the mat, fighting the sword itself not to jump up and slice pie-shaped wedges into the demons themselves. The spell broken, the two of them hastily escape into the house.

A pair of crows shares a tree peaceably with a pair of ferrets, basically impossible in the wild.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1116
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

A pair of crows shares a tree peaceably with a pair of ferrets, basically impossible in the wild.
<<Heads up, snake-eyes>>, Kane thinks toward Mitch. <<I think your friend's come to call.>>

Once Sunae has her sword back and the situation looks stable, he helps her into the truck. Once again, he can't help admiring the beauty and power of the blade.

"That is one fine weapon, ma'am," he says, as he looks around for a blanket for her -- bare legs in an ice cream truck can be a little uncomfortable, especially for one who serves Fire. "I can almost pity the nastygrams unlucky enough to be on the other end."

For a moment, he considers the Calabite he chopped into fine pieces with it and grins.

"Almost. But not quite."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 03-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #1117
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Once Sunae has her sword back and the situation looks stable, he helps her into the truck. Once again, he can't help admiring the beauty and power of the blade.

"That is one fine weapon, ma'am," he says, as he looks around for a blanket for her -- bare legs in an ice cream truck can be a little uncomfortable, especially for one who serves Fire. "I can almost pity the nastygrams unlucky enough to be on the other end."

For a moment, he considers the Calabite he chopped into fine pieces with it and grins.

"Almost. But not quite."
She retrieves the sword from Ryuki and thanks him before getting onto the truck. She does accept Kane's help.

"Purifying Flame has been passed down from generation to generation. She has always more than proven her worth"
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #1118
Puck

Quote:
<<Heads up, snake-eyes>>, Kane thinks toward Mitch. <<I think your friend's come to call.>>

"Almost. But not quite."
Mitch firmly ingores Kane's snake eyes comment and strides over to the cluster of animals "Where ever did you find the ferrets? I belive the tether is safe for the moment, but I would recomend leaving with it quickly. Gilbert is at shop. Shall I have him join us or would you like me to drive it over there?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #1119
tHEhERETIC

<<Well kids, I'm bushed. That truck is sounding pretty full and I'm low on tricks, so I think I'll meet you up north.>> Ryuki pokes his head out of the front door, wondering about Ruby's reaction to her two defectors. For the moment she's busy directing the ones she has left. <<And the angel running this channel has got to be feeling the strain by now too.>>

<<Meh. It's second nature anymore.>>

<<I'm not low on 'tricks'>> Corat pipes in. <<Room for me on board?>>

Ryuki steps out into the front yard, glancing cautiously to see where Ash is in relation to him. The cherub seems...distracted. That'll do. "Hey Ruby?" he says in a slightly strained faux-casual voice, "when you're done cleaning up all the gore and such...I'll be inside." He gives a defiant little wave and heads back into the house--and straight towards the Location bridge. It was purely a tease.

((RadLilim has been bogged down in work, and we've had some chat about a change of Superior, possibly to (oops) Destiny (thank you ladyarcana) . Such a tectonic shift in an angel could make him distract-able,and explain the long pauses between posts?
And most of the interaction between Ruby and Ryuki was jibes, and intended to be cruel.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #1120
ladyarcana55

To no one in particular Sunae asks

"So...who do you think the third Malakite was Ajoshi was referring to?"

Tags
in nomine