Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #91
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"I wouldn't say no, although I am not sure how helpful I will be. But whatever I have you are welcome to it. I'm on my way to work in an hour, come by. Just come around the back and call out for me. I'll have my zither if you want to look at it."
"Lookin' forward to it." He hangs up and makes his way to the restaurant by whatever public transportation is availble for a Malakite and his guitar. Once there, he scopes out the main entrance, trying to see if anyone is paying a little too much attention to the place, before heading around the back.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #92
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Hey dear." Marty was always generous with the endearments, part of a very warm personality. "Yeah, I checked in on Lenore and she did a reading, and she didn't like what she saw. She's a medium, among other things, and she said the dead were stirred up, in almost a literal way. Everybody moving around trying to chase a rumor. I didn't know if ghosts were your department or whether they're even real in that sense, but I figured you'd know what to do."
It's not really my department, but I can ask around and see if I can find someone that knows more. Though do you believe she sees actually spirits, or does she simply believe she sees them?"
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #93
Rocket Man

In back of the Chinatown restaurant, Kane starts to knock ... and pauses. Well, the Word does need to be promoted, he thinks with a chuckle. But how would she know it was ... His grin widens. Oh, yes. Of course.

Then he unslings his guitar, checks the tuning a second, and begins to play and sing softly.

My horse is kicking dust up off the trail,
I'm just getting back from a trip to Hell,
My six gun, she's strapped by my side,
Thunder is the horse that I ride,
And it seems to me this is one hell of a way,
For a man like me to earn that pay ....

Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #94
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
It's not really my department, but I can ask around and see if I can find someone that knows more. Though do you believe she sees actually spirits, or does she simply believe she sees them?"
Marty hedges. "I'm not sure 'sees' is the word, and I haven't had occasion to talk to any dead relatives. I think like most she occasionally has contact with spirits, but when she's got a paying customer and no signals from the Other Side she probably improvises. But as I understand it, you don't need any special ability to see a ghost, if it wants you to see it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In back of the Chinatown restaurant, Kane starts to knock ... and pauses. Well, the Word does need to be promoted, he thinks with a chuckle. But how would she know it was ... His grin widens. Oh, yes. Of course.

Then he unslings his guitar, checks the tuning a second, and begins to play and sing softly.

My horse is kicking dust up off the trail,
I'm just getting back from a trip to Hell,
My six gun, she's strapped by my side,
Thunder is the horse that I ride,
And it seems to me this is one hell of a way,
For a man like me to earn that pay ....
Corat, feeling impish, walks up quietly behind Kane. Sure, you don't tangle with Malakim, but he wanted to test his newfound resonance on a friendly target. And what's the worst could happen?

"Thunder is the horse that you ride??"
Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #95
alexondria

Quote:
Marty hedges. "I'm not sure 'sees' is the word, and I haven't had occasion to talk to any dead relatives. I think like most she occasionally has contact with spirits, but when she's got a paying customer and no signals from the Other Side she probably improvises. But as I understand it, you don't need any special ability to see a ghost, if it wants you to see it."
Zahirah would nod despite the fact that he can't see her. "Ok, I'll see what I can find out and get back to you. Is their anything else I can help you out with?"

If he answers no to the second question then she'll look for the Angel that she reports to. This isn't something to bother Khalid with yet, but it is possible that the woman is referencing something with Samiaga.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #96
Rocket Man

Quote:
Corat, feeling impish, walks up quietly behind Kane. Sure, you don't tangle with Malakim, but he wanted to test his newfound resonance on a friendly target. And what's the worst could happen?

"Thunder is the horse that you ride??"
Thoughts race quickly across a Virtue's mind when caught by surprise -- in less than half a second, in this case:

Thought One: Unexpected danger -- kick backward for the knee, then spring to the side, where you can grab the metal rod off the Dumpster for a staff ... don't worry about the guitar, it'll land on the recycled newspapers when you cut it loose ...

Thought Two: San Francisco is an angel city, cowboy ... is this friend, foe, or bystander?

Thought Three: Wait a minute ... that voice is familiar ... one of the folks at that REE-uki party ... son of a ...

Kane strikes a resonant chord to close the passage, turns and smiles broadly. "Howdy. Nice to see you again." His eyes sparkle. "You do know you almost ended up eating that Dumpster there, right?"

Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #97
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Thoughts race quickly across a Virtue's mind when caught by surprise -- in less than half a second, in this case:

Kane strikes a resonant chord to close the passage, turns and smiles broadly. "Howdy. Nice to see you again." His eyes sparkle. "You do know you almost ended up eating that Dumpster there, right?"
"I'd like to see you try." Corat's grinning from ear to ear. He's genuinely enjoying this new War talent, and the thought of testing it against this guy. "But Sunae would never forgive us if she weren't invited. Should we go see if we can get her a little more break time?"

((alexondria not ignoring you, just finding the muse a little surly today. Did you have any particular ideas about that supervisor?))
Old 06-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #98
Rocket Man

Quote:
"I'd like to see you try." Corat's grinning from ear to ear. He's genuinely enjoying this new War talent, and the thought of testing it against this guy. "But Sunae would never forgive us if she weren't invited. Should we go see if we can get her a little more break time?"
"Lead the way, sneaky-feet," he says teasingly, slinging his guitar. He also, casually, resonates on the fellow angel, sizing him up spiritually even as his combat instincts size him up physically.

Tough customer. Slippery, too, if he can move like that. But I bet I could take him.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #99
ladyarcana55

There is a hodge podge of shouting and yelling coming from inside the door. They can occasionally hear Sunae, being calm, yet obviously the force to be reckoned with. After a minute or two, the cacophony quiets down and Sunae comes out with three containers, a carrier with drinks, her zither case over her shoulder, and a smile.

"They told me there were two people out here. You're lucky they said something. They thought you guys were vagrants planning to steal something from the kitchen. They were getting the hot oil ready."

She laughs and offers each of you a container

"Are you hungry?"

Inside each container are nachos with all the fixings.

Sunae shrugs

"I'm Chinese and I get tired of Chinese food sometimes. Hope you don't mind, and I should warn you, this is spicy."

She hands both of her guests a cup of milk tea. She leads them to a grassy area where they can sit, eat and talk.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #100
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
"I prefer to return things personally to the client when at all possible," She smiles, "So have yourself a nice weekend and I'll be back again on Monday."
Ryuki arrives at his office just barely on time Monday, though being on salary 'on time' simply means 'with enough time to look okay for the first client'. During the meeting he has to use the tired old laptop and curses it quietly, missing his fast and reliable one. After the meeting's over he has Nicole hold the next until he can make a phone call.

"Ida Harris, this is Ryuki Watari. I'm sorry I missed you on Saturday and would like to let you know I'm in the office today. If you can't be here by five I'm going to a book fair after hours, and maybe we can meet there. Let you see how the middle half lives." He added the last bit with a smile--a computer tech, sure, but an angel. Best to get the You Do What!? out of the way early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would nod despite the fact that he can't see her. "Ok, I'll see what I can find out and get back to you. Is their anything else I can help you out with?"

If he answers no to the second question then she'll look for the Angel that she reports to. This isn't something to bother Khalid with yet, but it is possible that the woman is referencing something with Samiaga.
Zahirah's superior is a Catholic deacon, though in every other respect he has no resemblance to the man who helped redeem her. Khalid's people have too much respect for such people to indulge such a crass manipulation. They shied in fact from the role of a priest, feeling that all priests should be genuinely so, and not mere roles.

'Deacon Jones' went to San Francisco when Zahirah did, expecting to be consulted from time to time, and was easily found at the tether at the Palace Hotel, chatting amicably around the fireplace with the other angels. To anyone passing by, he was just a vicar tending his flock.
"Zahirah," he said with genuine warmth, "what brings you here?"

((incidentally I haven't figured out what choir he is. Not at home to check the books.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
There is a hodge podge of shouting and yelling coming from inside the door. They can occasionally hear Sunae, being calm, yet obviously the force to be reckoned with. After a minute or two, the cacophony quiets down and Sunae comes out with three containers, a carrier with drinks, her zither case over her shoulder, and a smile.
"I'm Chinese and I get tired of Chinese food sometimes. Hope you don't mind, and I should warn you, this is spicy."

She hands both of her guests a cup of milk tea. She leads them to a grassy area where they can sit, eat and talk.
Corat's pleased. "You're trying to fatten me, aren't you?" It's a joke, clearly, as he digs into the nachos like a starving man. Always did like food. Sorry if we scared your coworkers--just fooling around."

Tags
in nomine