Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
woweed

Default An AU: A different century

It all started with Kobal. It was the early-1900s, around 1914. Shortly after World War I set in. World War I was one of the greatest Demonic gambits ever set up, and and Kobal, who had been one of the main minds behind the idea, was being heavily praised by everyone. Kobal already had plenty of clout, of course, but this was more than ever. Kobal, however, was unsatisfied. Then, he had a flash. The Ultimate Joke. Time to put the plan in action. Kobal started sowing seeds of dissent in demonic ranks. Andrealphus had Redeemed by 1918, Nybass by 1923, and both Haagenti and Kobal himself by 1929. The Redeemed weren't easily trusted, but Heaven wasn't gonna turn them down, especially given that all of them had been proven worthy before God. They became Archangels, which shocked quite a few. Andrealphus re-took his position as Archangel of Love, Nybass became Archangel of Communication, Kobal as Archangel of Laughter, and, most shockingly, Haagenti gained the long-neglected word of The Waters.

What now? How does the century change with Hell's influence weakened? How does The Media change without Nybass around? What about the influence on Celestial politics? Your thoughts?
woweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
woweed

Default Re: An AU: A different century

I Wonder what new Superiors will rise from the loss of the, ya know, half of Hell's staff that have now resigned.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Hmmmmm... Without a Demon Prince of Rapine, there's room for a Prince of Environmental Disasters (or, at least, a Wordbound).
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
woweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Hmmmmm... Without a Demon Prince of Rapine, there's room for a Prince of Environmental Disasters (or, at least, a Wordbound).
Hmmm...I feel like they'd probably be a Wordbound under Valupa.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
woweed

Hmmm..Ya know, i'm not sure whether or not so many redemptions would lend power to the Peace faction by showing that even Demon Princes can be redeemed, or lend power to the War Faction, given that all four former Princes will probably want to rip their former brethren to shreds.

Tags
setting