Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #21
CreakyCroaky

Default Re: PDF Errata

Wizard Spell Reference Booklet: Summon Small Dragon: missing word "orders" after "wizard's".
Old 09-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #22
CreakyCroaky

Wizard Spell Reference Booklet:

Summon Bear: missing "d" in "bite does 2 + 2 damage" -- i.e. should be "bite does 2d+2 damage"

Flight: "plus I per turn flying" should be "plus 1 per turn flying" -- i.e. the letter I is used in the text instead of the numeral 1.

Summon Gargoyle: same error: "plus I each turn the Gargoyle stays" should be numeral "1".

Iron Flesh: "plus 1 per turn" probably needs to add the word "maintained" (or similar).
Old 09-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #23
CreakyCroaky

Wizard Spell Reference Booklet:

DX Adjustment Table: the first paragraph (immediately after the heading) contains a sentence that describes adjustments that don't apply when Invisibility is concerned - but the list of exceptions here is _incomplete_ compared to the list of exceptions under the Invisibility spell itself (which includes Dazzle, and darkness). (Aside: ordinary darkness is not listed as a "handicap" on the Adjustment Table, or anywhere in the Melee/Wizard rules.)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #24
larsdangly

Entry 177 in Death Test 2 provides constraints on generating stats for a couple of orcs that have a significant probability of exceeding the 40 point stat limit that seems to be imposed on normal humanoids elsewhere in Death Test 1, 2, Melee and Wizard.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #25
CreakyCroaky

Inconsistency:
Wizard Rulebook: top of page 13 describes how to calculate damage for Magic Fist and Lightning, but fails to mention "never less damage than the ST used" as is stated in the Wizard Spell Reference for both these spells.
Edit: on page 19, in the last paragraph of the Physical Damage section, the "never less damage than ST used" is stated correctly when (again) calculating Magic Fist damage is described.

Last edited by CreakyCroaky; 09-20-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #26
CreakyCroaky

Wizard Rulebook:
In the Thrown Spells section, the second paragraph describes that "a thrown spell may be cast on... any hex in front of the wizard".
There is no such paragraph (or statement) in the Missile Spells section - is this deliberate?

In the Wizard Rulebook, I looked for this rule in the Facing section, and it's not there -- oh, wait, the paragraph describing this is in the next section: Engaged and Disengaged. That's confusing. Should that paragraph move to the Facing section?

Compare to the Facing section in the Melee Rulebook, which does not have "Engaged and Disengaged" as a heading. That's another possible solution.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #27
CreakyCroaky

Wizard Rulebook: Thrown Spells: second last paragraph "Only one Blur, one Dazzle, one Stone Flesh...." ERROR: Dazzle is not a Thrown Spell, and should not be in this list.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #28
CreakyCroaky

Wizard Rulebook: Combat Example (last page):
ERROR:
at the end of turn 4, both wizards have ST =2
on turn 5, Krait casts a "1-die Magic Fist" and "The loss of the ST point knocks him unconscious."
THIS IS THE ERROR: he's not unconscious, because he still has 1 ST point left.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #29
JLV

Entry 213 of Death Test 2: The Red Wizard is described as having a Powerstone which adds 6 points to his ST. Nowhere in Death Test 2 or Wizard is the use of Powerstones explained, so the Red Wizard could apparently use the ST in his Powerstone to absorb damage. Is this intentional? Or is there a missing sentence here to the effect that Powerstone ST may only be used to cast spells?
Old 09-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #30
Venomous Filigree

Melee book.
Is combat phase and attack phase the same thing, I'm guessing so. Would it not be better to use the same terminology? Or if different define what each one is.
Closed Thread