Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #2021
Mysteris

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Remiel nodded to Kane when he suggested putting eyes out. The pigeon host took wing and began to soar over the area, looking for the missing sixth rider.

When everything started to get tense, Tom's body reached out to try and support the collapsed vessel. It had never seen a banishing before and ordinarily it would be fascinated but "Umm. Excuse us sir." It looked at Glen. "But the Ethereals weren't really bothering us. They were telling us a good story while we waited. We're amazed to see a banishing up close but was it really necessary? They weren't going to hurt any of us. Well, not seriously anyways. The Archangels wouldn't allow it."
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #2022
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The last time Glen banished something it kicked back at him like a mule. This one slammed into him like a speeding firetruck--the punch would have hurt less. Nonetheless by some small miracle Hereward is pushed out of his vessel, dropping it ungracefully to the ground. If Glen could see past the sparkling black tunnel that is his brain fighting to keep consciousness, he'd see Hereward pause before ascending to point at him.
"And that," rasps Glen "Is the difference between a man and a mockery of one." His head falls back onto the nice soft dirt.
Quote:
He looks at Glen. "So, it's true the angels have a sorcerer, just not the one we thought."
Glen draws his breath to object to Odin's characterization of him as belonging to the angels, then thinks better of it and subsides. (OOC: He can learn.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
"Umm. Excuse us sir." It looked at Glen. "But the Ethereals weren't really bothering us. They were telling us a good story while we waited. We're amazed to see a banishing up close but was it really necessary? They weren't going to hurt any of us. Well, not seriously anyways. The Archangels wouldn't allow it."
Glen fixes him with a flat glare from where he lies. "I didn't see an Archangel stepping in to protect me just then. For that matter, I didn't see any of you lot doing a damn thing. You wanted him back where he came from, and I sent him there, which is more than you could do on your own, and I didn't see any archangels helping with that either."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #2023
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

Other three, actually, two riding one bike. Predictably they split off, forcing Kane to choose.
Simple choice for a Malakite -- he chases the one with two riders, while making a mental note of the other's path in case he gets a chance to double-track. He also keeps a close eye out for two things:

1) Any roadside implements that might serve for a dismounting tool (think lance or lasso).

2) The condition of the bike he's chasing. If it's running but still has its exhaust partly blocked, it may be getting close to an overheat any time now.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #2024
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Simple choice for a Malakite -- he chases the one with two riders, while making a mental note of the other's path in case he gets a chance to double-track. He also keeps a close eye out for two things:

1) Any roadside implements that might serve for a dismounting tool (think lance or lasso).

2) The condition of the bike he's chasing. If it's running but still has its exhaust partly blocked, it may be getting close to an overheat any time now.
1) Nothing that *I* can think of! ;)

2) The single-rider bike is making an awful rattling sound, but the bike with the passenger is laboring under that weight, and can't maintain the speed it would take to outrun Kane.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #2025
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen fixes him with a flat glare from where he lies. "I didn't see an Archangel stepping in to protect me just then. For that matter, I didn't see any of you lot doing a damn thing. You wanted him back where he came from, and I sent him there, which is more than you could do on your own, and I didn't see any archangels helping with that either."
"First off, I am not at your beck and call. Secondly, I was trying to keep things civil so we can have a proper discussion. You were the one going out of your way to p**s everyone off. If you wanted a beat down so badly, who am I to prevent you from getting what you want?"

"Corat...you should be able to catch up to at least one of them and take out their tires. Remiel...if you still have that pigeon, would you mind following the other one? Maybe he'll lead us to the straggler"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #2026
Mysteris

"Sure thing." The pigeon veered off to follow the other rider.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2027
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"First off, I am not at your beck and call. Secondly, I was trying to keep things civil so we can have a proper discussion. You were the one going out of your way to p**s everyone off. If you wanted a beat down so badly, who am I to prevent you from getting what you want?"

"Corat...you should be able to catch up to at least one of them and take out their tires. Remiel...if you still have that pigeon, would you mind following the other one? Maybe he'll lead us to the straggler"
Hereward's vessel vanishes, no doubt reclaimed by The Sword. Odin ascends with a small pop of Disturbance*, and Corat takes a fraction of a second to worry whether Laurence will take the motorcycle just as quickly. After that thought he gets on the bike. A helmet would be useful if the bike suddenly vanished, but that helmet would definitely vanish as well.

Artemis addresses all of you. "With that, I shall take my leave," and gathers her Will to ascend.

*Before breakfast so not checking game mechanics. IIRC ascending itself doesn't make a sound, but the Essence required for an ethereal to do it would.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #2028
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Hereward's vessel vanishes, no doubt reclaimed by The Sword. Odin ascends with a small pop of Disturbance*, and Corat takes a fraction of a second to worry whether Laurence will take the motorcycle just as quickly. After that thought he gets on the bike. A helmet would be useful if the bike suddenly vanished, but that helmet would definitely vanish as well.
"Corat, don't forget to clear the tailpipe"

Artemis addresses all of you. "With that, I shall take my leave," and gathers her Will to ascend.[/QUOTE]

"Thank you and I apologize for my behavior earlier"
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #2029
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"And that," rasps Glen "Is the difference between a man and a mockery of one." His head falls back onto the nice soft dirt.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
]Artemis addresses all of you. "With that, I shall take my leave," and gathers her Will to ascend.
"Thank you and I apologize for my behavior earlier"
"All is forgiven," she says with warmth and humor. Odd qualities for an Olympian and a huntress, to be sure, but perhaps the humor has something to do with Mr. Mighty and Powerful lying on the ground.

Remiel, high above, can see Corat pursuing the lone biker and closing the distance without difficulty. Before he can reach him, however, the Aesir (what is the singular of that?) goes limp, allowing his bike to run out of control. Corat barely avoids a wipeout as it skids to a stop on its side, the blonde man's vessel rolling limply along the pavement.

Kane will be upon his pair at any moment.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #2030
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"All is forgiven," she says with warmth and humor.
Sunae looks upon the scene thoughtfully and shakes her head

"Something's not right. That was just too easy..."

Tags
in nomine