Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #131
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

"Uh-huh," Bruce says cynically. "A hotel, in a quiet part of San Francisco. Where you'll never hear from me again after your Malakite buddies have a few hours of fun. No thank you. I'm sticking with you guys."

"The 'little room out back'." Dennis reminds Mitchim of their inside joke, the one from the day Marc dropped by. "You behave, and I'll make sure you get some protector you can play around with." Dennis had been honest with his attuned, telling him they were taking him to find some sorcerer or the like he could glom onto. Bruce of course did not believe any of it.

"Mitchim," Dennis addresses him, "you be careful of that guy. He seems really reasonable until he's charging you interest. Granted, a lot of his tricks won't work on an angel so you--we--should be okay...." He realizes what this means. "Hey, mind if I go with you?" His eyes canvas the place for some rube to pawn Bruce off on.
Mitch shakes his head at Bruce "That's not in cards, don't worry." Still he doesn't mind really to have Bruce tag along, better to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't charm anyone. "There's probably a Hellsworn or two hanging around here. Let's go inside." As they step in he pulls out his phone and calls Ryuki.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #132
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch shakes his head at Bruce "That's not in cards, don't worry." Still he doesn't mind really to have Bruce tag along, better to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't charm anyone. "There's probably a Hellsworn or two hanging around here. Let's go inside." As they step in he pulls out his phone and calls Ryuki.
He considered ignoring it--a book deal could be a sacred thing sometimes--but he saw who it was and picked up. His voice was quiet, soft, signalling Mitchim that he was standing near a third party. "Good evening Mitch. Where are you?"
Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #133
ladyarcana55

As Sunae walked with Corat and Kane, she said to him in an amused tone...

"I'm glad you came today and not tomorrow. That would have been especially embarassing."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #134
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
As Sunae walked with Corat and Kane, she said to him in an amused tone...

"I'm glad you came today and not tomorrow. That would have been especially embarassing."
"Why so?" Kane responds, watching both Ryuki and the people he's dealing with.

(Madame La GM, how much of the conversation, if any, can Kane hear from where he is? If the answer is "most" or "all," Bruce's comment about Malakim having their fun might especially raise an eyebrow and a suspicion ... his Perception is 6, if it matters.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #135
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Why so?" Kane responds, watching both Ryuki and the people he's dealing with.
"Because tomorrow I have to play hostess. Mrs Chow insists that I should learn to be a proper young Chinese woman, and that includes hair, makeup, dress and all. She puts me on hostess duties twice a week for practice. It's okay, it's just that I'm not entirely comfortable being in drag"
Old 07-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #136
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

The comment from Sunae throws Kane off stride for a second. She's kidding ... I think. Damn, sometimes I wish I was a Seraph ...

But the distraction quickly pales before the conversation he overhears ... especially from the dodgy guy who both knows abot Malakim and seems to have reason to be concerned about a visit from them.

His eyes narrow slightly in a still pleasant-looking face. Shadowing Ryuki may be playacting. But hypothetical-demon-boy is not going to leave his sight if he can possibly help it.

(Resonance on Bruce)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #137
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He considered ignoring it--a book deal could be a sacred thing sometimes--but he saw who it was and picked up. His voice was quiet, soft, signalling Mitchim that he was standing near a third party. "Good evening Mitch. Where are you?"
"Good evening Ryuki. I happen to be in San Francisco at a Occult book fair. Not my usual haunt, but well, perhaps I should save the rest for later. Would you be available to meet up?"

OOC: Are Sunae and Kane in sight while I'm talking with Ryuki? If so I'd wave to Sunae at least.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #138
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Good evening Ryuki. I happen to be in San Francisco at a Occult book fair. Not my usual haunt, but well, perhaps I should save the rest for later. Would you be available to meet up?"

OOC: Are Sunae and Kane in sight while I'm talking with Ryuki? If so I'd wave to Sunae at least.
((OOC Sure, why not))

"I'm here too," he says over the phone, still in that cool and professional voice. "I'm over in section H8."
Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #139
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Sunae smiles and bows to him slightly. She sees Ryuki and says to Corat and Kane

"Hm...I wonder if there are books on water buffalo around here somewhere..."
Old 07-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #140
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae smiles and bows to him slightly. She sees Ryuki and says to Corat and Kane

"Hm...I wonder if there are books on water buffalo around here somewhere..."
Corat puts his hand to his head theatrically, playing the psychic. He's got one eye open though, and is reading the signs (and calling on his resonance). "Down that walkway, turn left, through that guy's booth (look determined, or hope he's with another customer), one booth past him. Here's twenty bucks, don't pay more than that for it." He puts his hand down and grins. "Might be a hint to him that he's way too easy to tail. And it's funny." He hands her a twenty dollar bill.

Tags
in nomine