Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #1
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default KYOS Lift Error

Looks like GCA is calculating one- and two-handed lift values from normal Strength values, and not from KYOS values.

LogST 13 has a BL of 40, but a one-handed lift of 68 lbs.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:11 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: KYOS Lift Error

Thank you.

So those aren't defined in the file, and therefore are using the standard Basic Set values, which are obviously not calculated with KYOS.

I'm adding them.

If there are other places like this, please let me know.

And, if you have the time and inclination, could you please check this updated file to see if the values now look right to you? OneDrive link to updated KYOS file to try: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArfRTuC0cl3qg5Yv...zrgYg?e=z3bFvm
Old 03-25-2024, 01:19 PM   #3
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

The handful of characters I had pulled up, and were affected by this seem to be "close enough" to be right. It looks like it's different by a couple of pounds (seriously, the LogST15 person went from a 2-handed lift of 504 to 506), but you've got a formula, and I was just using "X*BL" to make it work.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:11 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

I just took the Basic Lift formula and stuck it in there, using the One Arm Lifting ST and ST:Two Arm Lifting ST instead of Lifting ST for each, and multiplied that by 2 or 8. I don't actually know if that is better; it might be that rounding should be done before the 2* or 8* multiplier, rather than after as I've done it.

But I am not certain, because I didn't see anything about it in the article.

Hmm. If the idea is to determine a BL for each then adjust for that feat of ST, maybe the multiplier after the rounding would be more correct.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:24 PM   #5
Anthony

Honestly, I'd be tempted by ST+3 (instead of BLx2), ST+5 (instead of x3), ST+6 (instead of x4), ST+7 (instead of x5), ST+8 (instead of x6), ST+9 (instead of x8), and ST+10 (instead of x10).
Old 03-26-2024, 09:11 AM   #6
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Hmm. If the idea is to determine a BL for each then adjust for that feat of ST, maybe the multiplier after the rounding would be more correct.
I convinced myself of this. I have changed things so that it does rounding first, then the multiplying for the One- and Two-Handed Lifts.

I have made that change, and it's now the file available on my OneDrive at the link I posted above. I will remove this file from there once I make it available through Check for Updates, which may be in a few days, if nobody here has any other issues for me to address.

ETA: This link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArfRTuC0cl3qg5Yv...zrgYg?e=z3bFvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Honestly, I'd be tempted by ST+3 (instead of BLx2), ST+5 (instead of x3), ST+6 (instead of x4), ST+7 (instead of x5), ST+8 (instead of x6), ST+9 (instead of x8), and ST+10 (instead of x10).
You can change the files to suit your needs. And I understand; what you're saying makes sense in the context of the article. But I only do official data, not interpretations, and I can't see anything in the article that addresses this, so it stays with the Basic Set adjustments in my file.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:31 PM   #7
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I'd really like a KYOS book, that addressed all of it, including some rules for throwing. But, that's really out of the scope of the GCA thread.

I'll see about downloading that file when I have a bit and check it out.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:48 AM   #8
Armin
GCA Prime

The updated file should now be available through Check for Updates, and I have removed the file from my OneDrive.