Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #11
weby

Default Re: [Thaumatology] Sorcery] Enchantment rules and permanent potions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalminos View Post
I'm slightly disappointed we're falling to imbuements for buffing and enhancing existing attacks- It's kind of hard now to figure out how to make a sword of puissance that does +1 damage or whatever else because we have to dig through imbuements. Is there even such an imbuement in that book?
I have just used follow-up damage for that, it is close enough to the effect I wanted. Occasionally I have had to use a cosmic modifier on the follow up for some effects to bypass the no penetration modifiers limitation, but rarely.

Quote:
I suppose I might be going about this totally the wrong way, but I'm a sucker for having the 'bland' sort of magical weapons to be made by less skilled enchanters and the less creative alongside the cool ones that have projected attack and other interesting effects for the powerful artifacts.

Edit: the same goes for accuracy. How would I enchant THAT? I don't want to use the default magic system's magic items because I don't like how the rest of that system works. Imbuements are clunky.
I have just used a base 4 points/+1 for the cost of accuracy base cost. I arrived at the cost two ways: 1) The cost of skill to raise a skilled used skill by one and 2)Extremely limited DX(20 points -80%). As both of those are the same it seems about right.

For both of those things there is the gadget modifiers and such added.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #12
Humabout

Default Re: [Thaumatology] Sorcery] Enchantment rules and permanent potions.

Quote:
I'm slightly disappointed we're falling to imbuements for buffing and enhancing existing attacks- It's kind of hard now to figure out how to make a sword of puissance that does +1 damage or whatever else because we have to dig through imbuements. Is there even such an imbuement in that book?
Answered in the other thread already

Quote:
Edit: the same goes for accuracy. How would I enchant THAT? I don't want to use the default magic system's magic items because I don't like how the rest of that system works. Imbuements are clunky.
Answered here and here in the other thread already

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enchanting, sorcery, thaumatology