Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #481
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Quite close, but not there yet. So I ran the thing through a couple online translators and was surprised to find a couple of them plain wrong.

Google translate, use the phonetic option. And slur the results a little.
I get samchon joswi, so Joshwi? Josi? Josei? unfortuantely, my command of Korean is noexistent, so I'm going on total guesswork here.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #482
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
I get samchon joswi, so Joshwi? Josi? Josei? unfortuantely, my command of Korean is noexistent, so I'm going on total guesswork here.
As my friend used to say, Don't complicate Kool-Ade.

Sorry about not posting game. The office right now is packed.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-20-2012 at 07:35 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #483
alexondria

hmmm trying to not complicate it and doing some google searches doesn't seem to have given me anything good. The best I was able to come up with were Mesphisto and Cal Stewart.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #484
ladyarcana55

LOL...I actually asked her via PM because I was expecting to be so far off, I wouldn't even be anywhere near the field.

Talk about dumb luck.

I asked her if I could let Sunae have the light bulb go off but I can't wait...

Sorry Madam GM!
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #485
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
LOL...I actually asked her via PM because I was expecting to be so far off, I wouldn't even be anywhere near the field.

Talk about dumb luck.

I asked her if I could let Sunae have the light bulb go off but I can't wait...

Sorry Madam GM!
Not to worry. I'd have been faster on the draw but there were a lot of people around, and I'm a bit scattered the last couple days as it is.

Inside scoop on the demon Ajosshi--Sunae gets first crack at it, but since her primary contact with demons has been Kill It, and she tossed the question out there, she's welcome to pass the ball to who she will.

Ajosshi, sometimes informally referred to as Big Brother. A fallen Seraph and quite an old guy, pushing 2000. He's distinguished--expect some serious Distinctions in his toolbox--but he has no Word. Rumor has it one was offered and he turned it down. Other rumors are less charitable.
See, he suffers from the Habbalite delusion. He's 'really an angel answering secretly to Faith', quelling all signs of the War so that people must rely on faith (be totally left in the dark and at the mercy of every infernally inspired quack to come along).
His position within The Game is less clear, though tamping down Disturbances worldwide is probably beyond his abilities. Knowing Hell, failure will mean losing territory as well as face.
As a Balseraph his cheer is endless. No matter what defeat you hand him, he will mentally spin it into some kind of win.
Because of his belief that he must enforce the cold war, he hates Soldiers and sorcerers. Humans shouldn't be privy to celestial affairs.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #486
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
The debasement sells it, and Ajosshi fails to recognize the attack until he's wrapped in a hug, one arm pinned, the other patting Kane's back. He tries desperately to pull the other arm free before the stone hardens but only partially succeeds.

"Oh you poor dear!" he says, still enthralled by his own Song, "you're all frozen. It's like something out of a Greek myth. Folks, you have to do something. You can't let him be found like this."
Those of you with pokey objects, darts and other useful items of mayhem -- have at it. [Large evil grin]

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #487
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Come here everyone, come here. Talk to your Uncle Josh." He catches Sunae hacking at the once-mighty demon and tsks. "You. Lady with the flaming sword. You shall not assault anyone else now." He throws the weight of Forbidding behind his words.

((Sorry--he's just a big guy that way. CD 2 for 2 hours--Sunae may make one attempt/Will roll to fight anyone once. Also I phrased it narrowly enough that she can still give him a piece of her mind, verbally anyway.))
Quote:
Sunae starts running at him with her sword at the ready. the sword's flame flare in anticipation of the impending slaughter.

She uses Kane as an incline to really put some weight behind this attack.

The fiery blast of the sword has melted quite a bit of the makeup so bits of her extensive body tattoo peeks out. There is actually enough of it that, if it shows, it acts as a sort of body suit, covering up anything that is best left discreet.
Sadly, as much as Sunae wants to drive that sword down his collarbone and into several vital organs, she is Forbidden to "assault", and I do believe this qualifies. A plain, straight-up Will roll failed. If there are any bonuses I'm missing, add them on and look up the link to see if they make the cut.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3385277/

Ajosshi is no dummy.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #488
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Sadly, as much as Sunae wants to drive that sword down his collarbone and into several vital organs, she is Forbidden to "assault", and I do believe this qualifies. A plain, straight-up Will roll failed. If there are any bonuses I'm missing, add them on and look up the link to see if they make the cut.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3385277/

Ajosshi is no dummy.
No, I trust you, I just thought that Ethereal Shields protected her from that? At least...I thought Rocket Man clarified that earlier in this thread. If I'm wrong, nbd, I can edit that post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #489
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
No, I trust you, I just thought that Ethereal Shields protected her from that? At least...I thought Rocket Man clarified that earlier in this thread. If I'm wrong, nbd, I can edit that post
As I understand it, Forbidding has a duration of upwards of an hour. The second Shields will hold off any new attack (with a generous fiat, because I blew the previous one) but it doesn't nullify the previous one. Harmony needs to be rebuilt every couple of minutes, but Forbidding is CD x hours.

FYI Zahirah, Mitch, Ruby and Ryuki were all further away from the demon than Sunae and Corat. There's a chance they weren't hit. Glen and Nisroc were definitely out of range, and the two Kyrios you can't be sure.

FYI posts 464-466
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #490
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He catches Sunae hacking at the once-mighty demon and tsks. "You. Lady with the flaming sword. You shall not assault anyone else now." He throws the weight of Forbidding behind his words.
Can she use the gun on Josh? Wouldn't that count as an assault?

Tags
in nomine