Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Sunrunners_Fire

Default [Powers][RIFT] "Fell Blades"

Modeling a specific video game ability ...

"Fell Blades
Instant
Grants weapon ability attacks a 30% chance to deal an additional 184 Death damage, reduce healing received by 10% for 15s, and siphon the stolen healing to the Rogue. Lasts 1h."

Ignoring the rest of it, what is the suggested method for modelling the bold bit: "reduce target's healing received by X; heal me for X when target is healed"?
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [Powers][RIFT] "Fell Blades"

Reducing healing for 15 seconds is meaningless in gurps as only extreme regeneration works at that speed.
The gist seems to be some kind of vampiric attack. I believe the imbuements Power Ups supplement has something in that vein, if you'll pardon the pun.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Reducing healing for 15 seconds is meaningless in gurps as only extreme regeneration works at that speed.
Regeneration (Very Fast), Regeneration (Extreme), Healing and Leech all do; out of the advantages anywise. The characters with this ability exist in a context where such healing advantages are rather common.

Quote:
I believe the imbuements Power Ups supplement has something in that vein, if you'll pardon the pun.
Vampiric Weapon (DX/VH), yep. Thats' based on damage-done not healing-blocked though.

Quote:
The gist seems to be some kind of vampiric attack.
Damage proc-on-attack (easily modeled as a "8 or less on attack roll, -30%" limitation as a rephrased "accessibility: works 30% of the time, -30%") that places a healing debuff on the target and that has self-healing based on the debuff's effects. I suppose the self-healing aspect could be a linked Regeneration (Very Fast) or (Extreme) with a net -80% worth of limitations ... the heal debuff itself isn't something that I've any real idea on how to model.

Its' primary use in the MMO is PvP, as a debuff you place on the focus target so as to burn it down faster while it's team's healers spam directed heals at it. Helps the rogue stay standing longer too.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

The only RAW way I can think of doing that would be a rather inefficient affliction negating such advantages coupled with a regeneration on your part limited to only work while your target's abilities are negated.

It really depends on whether you want all the specifics or just some particular thematic features.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yeah, I'm going to call this a causulty of GURP's "No Absolutes" policy.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yeah, I'm going to call this a causulty of GURP's "No Absolutes" policy.
No healing is a RAW disadvantage, so afflicting it would be a legal kind of absolute. I forgot that such a thing would negate all healing based advantages. But really, that short of a time frame only harms the rare super healer.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #7
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
No healing is a RAW disadvantage, so afflicting it would be a legal kind of absolute. I forgot that such a thing would negate all healing based advantages.
So did I. Oops!
Unhealing (Total) (Prohibits unnatural healing (including regeneration) instead of prohibiting natural healing, +0%; Only reduces unnatural (including regeneration) healing by 10%, -35%) [20]
... should be reasonable as an affliction, side effect or symptom.

Thanks!

Quote:
But really, that short of a time frame only harms the rare super healer.
Maybe at the Heroic level. Given that I typically run games ranging from the Legendary to Superhuman to Godlike levels ... I see it a good bit more often. :)

Last edited by Sunrunners_Fire; 07-11-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
Nereidalbel

Quote:
No healing is a RAW disadvantage, so afflicting it would be a legal kind of absolute. I forgot that such a thing would negate all healing based advantages. But really, that short of a time frame only harms the rare super healer.
It would also ruin the day for a mage specializing in healing magic and anybody who invested in the Healing power.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fell blades, powers, rift, rift to gurps