Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Dalin

Default [DFRPG] MotFD - quirks from the sacred grotto

I'm running Mirror of the Fire Demon for my DFRPG group. At our last session, one of the PCs failed his fright check while attempting to enter the shrine and earned a new quirk. The fright check is simply due to a "series of horrific visions" (p. 22). This leaves basically infinite leeway for what the quirk might be related to. I'll link whatever I come up with to the character's existing quirks and disads (as recommended on Exploits, p.11, and B360), but I'm curious what sorts of things other GMs have come up with in response to this scene or a similarly generic fright check failure.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: [DFRPG] MotFD - quirks from the sacred grotto

I'll try to cast a wider net:

What's a memorable quirk that you've seen awarded due to a failed fright check?
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
VariousRen

Default Re: [DFRPG] MotFD - quirks from the sacred grotto

A warrior brother tag team was exploring a haunted cabin (linked to a dungeon below, although they hadn't realized it yet). The older brother saw a strange picture which showed, in gruesome detail, his brother being sacrificed while surrounded by undead. He gained a 1 point quirk: Obsession (Never leave my brother unguarded), which made future adventuring slightly more difficult when they needed to split up for some reason.

In a different DF game my druid has a number of giant anaconda allies. The largest ended up in a fight in against a behoulder style creature that could force fear checks with one of it's eye rays. It now has a fear of anything bigger than itself (which is thankfully not much).

Tags
dfrpg, fright check, motfd, quirks