Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
Keiko
Banned

Default Re: GURPS Sex revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Looks like someone stripped off the original attribution and put their name on it. The original "GURPS Sex" was written by Christine Morgan and published as the system agnostic Naughty and Dice.
To be fair, Rippedsoul lists themselves as the compiler and credits the original authors of GURPS: Sex, GURPS: Hot and Heavy and the pregnancy tables including what material came from where. I don't think their intention was to claim credit but just put it all in one place under a single heading.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #32
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
To be fair, Rippedsoul lists themselves as the compiler and credits the original authors of GURPS: Sex, GURPS: Hot and Heavy and the pregnancy tables including what material came from where. I don't think their intention was to claim credit but just put it all in one place under a single heading.
used a departure from Ripped Soul's rules to treat sex more like techniques than whatever it was he called what he did (which I genuinely don't remember). I've got it on my computer but I mostly get online on my tablet, which I can not use to get files directly off my computer. I'll pop in next time I'm at the library. I need to get another guy a bunch of stuff I wrote as well.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:06 AM   #33
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The release date on Amazon says October 13 but in the company's preview at http://www.sabledrake.com/2003/0308_nd_preview.shtml they said September, guess that means it was delayed a month.

If this was made for 3E, I am not sure what adaptations would need to be made for 4E, any major changes?
FP Usage, from what I know by reputation, and many traits that should be Perks at the most costing many more points that.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:28 AM   #34
GodBeastX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Sound more precisely like 'Players make the decisions, dice resolve the questions whose answers do not seem obvious/unambiguous at the time'.
I like this phrase. Very much so, in fact.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #35
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
FP Usage, from what I know by reputation, and many traits that should be Perks at the most costing many more points that.
Naughty And Dice doesn't have any GURPS stats in it. The original GURPSSex.txt from Christine and Ted did, and almost certainly suffers from 3e style skill bloat, and probably rampant techniques too. Not criticizing them, that was the system of the day - but something to watch out for.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #36
DocRailgun

The whole point of the Amber Diceless RPG is that there are no dice. There are also only four stats. You compare the stats and then roleplay it from there. Just because Gerard is stronger than Corwin doesn't mean that Corwin will get mashed into a pulp if his player has a clever idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post

The dice rolls shape the narrative. At least that is how I run rpgs and prefer to play them.
DocRailgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #37
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRailgun View Post
The whole point of the Amber Diceless RPG is that there are no dice. There are also only four stats. You compare the stats and then roleplay it from there. Just because Gerard is stronger than Corwin doesn't mean that Corwin will get mashed into a pulp if his player has a clever idea.
And that works for certain genres and settings where the basic assumption is that the characters are themselves forces of nature, or more powerful than forces of nature. I used it to run a campaign set in Zimiamvia, for example (though I added a fifth stat, Intelligence, to cover the sneaky, spy-y part of military activity as distinguished from the directly combative part).

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:03 AM   #38
Railstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm trying to figure out the tactical use of this stuff. Like besides the 'enjoying sex' aspect. It seems like it can be used as a form of combat to deplete enemies of Fatigue which would weaken them for later attack. That or having a friend sneak-attack them while they were distracted. Or to make money.

There's a pimping skill but not much in guidelines on how much money you can earn based on how well you make your sex rolls.
That is the same problem I had when reading it. For all the skills and techniques that can be used, using them or using them well does not appear to convey any meaningful benefit, making the section completely pointless.
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #39
Bruno

... Are you guys circling towards wanting a "sexual fulfillment" attribute or somesuch?

If you want to stick to straight up RAW stuff, there's arguably an application of the Ecstasy affliction (p428) and all its consequences. It causes FP loss, and gives you a +3 to influence rolls if you can credibly offer more of the same. I'd extend the +3 to Interrogation for the purposes of squeezing information out of the subject during the "afterglow" (so to speak).

And for a lesser case, Euphoria (same page). :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #40
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
... Are you guys circling towards wanting a "sexual fulfillment" attribute or somesuch?
For me, that's covered in Bio-Tech with the rules for flesh vehicles/living buildings and Magic with spells like Shrink Other, Breathe Water, and Resist Acid. ;)

Tags
affliction, desire points, ecstasy, erotic art