Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #51
GodBeastX

Default Re: Plasma Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
I find the plasma catalyzing shell interesting, but really I'm trying to use "self-contained" plasma for lore reasons and explore the ramifications of weaponry and other technologies utilizing it.

I know I'm not giving you guys a lot to work with and I'm sorry about that, but I just don't know what the maximum pressure or ionization would be. I've never had a physics class and a lot of this is above my pay grade so to speak.

One thought I did have is that becouse you'd need very powerful gauss technology to fling this bubble at your targets, the plasma needs to be more destructive then a purely kinetic slug thrower, or chemically explosive payload for a given size of gauss gun. So with our 20mm bubble we'd be looking to beat 18.5mm HEMP round found at TL10.

Also I imagine the storage length of the plasma bubble is inversely proportional to the energy and pressure of the plasma.
Equal and opposite reaction. If you are bottling an explosion, you're going to need the energy to bottle it =) I was suggesting flinging potential energy at a target instead of the released energy.

Keep in mind that lightning is also a plasma.

Tags
plasma, ultra-tech