Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Boaz Reinders

Default Wizard/thief class and orc race, and the tiny hands curse

hey guys. I have a question about the wizard, thief and orc class and the tiny hands curse.

As for the wizard class questions:
If you are fighting for example the bullrog and the plutonium dragon and you
charm the bullrog, can you take the treasures first and then fight along?

And can you charm only in your own combat or can you charm while helping someone in combat aswell (and steal the treasures that way?)

Thief class:
I know you can't ignore a curse when you are level 1 as an orc because the card is saying that but can you still try to steal items at level 1 as a thief? since the thief class card doesn't say you can't when you are at level one but you can't lose a level when you lose using the theft ability.

Orc race:
say that I get the card necrophobia and I must run away against undead monsters. and as second I get the orc card. So I play the orc card. At this point can I still ignore the curse and go down one level or is it to late since the curse already affected me?

Tiny hands curse:
I do know carrying and using items are 2 different things. The tiny hands curse says: You cannot carry any 2 handed items. Does this means I only can't carry them but I can still use them or not?...

these are some questions that came up today while playing munchkin, I wrote them down so the next time we don't have to argue about it again hehe
Boaz Reinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Wizard/thief class and orc race, and the tiny hands curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz Reinders View Post
hey guys. I have a question about the wizard, thief and orc class and the tiny hands curse.

And can you charm only in your own combat or can you charm while helping someone in combat aswell (and steal the treasures that way?)
Treasure is not distributed until the end of combat, and ALL treasure goes to the owner of the combat, to distribute according to whatever agreement was in place when/if they accepted help. A helping Wizard can charm a monster, but the treasure still goes to the owner of the combat.

Quote:
Thief class:
I know you can't ignore a curse when you are level 1 as an orc because the card is saying that but can you still try to steal items at level 1 as a thief? since the thief class card doesn't say you can't when you are at level one but you can't lose a level when you lose using the theft ability.
Yes, you can use the Thief ability at level 1, since the level lost is a potential effect, not a required payment.

Quote:
Orc race:
say that I get the card necrophobia and I must run away against undead monsters. and as second I get the orc card. So I play the orc card. At this point can I still ignore the curse and go down one level or is it to late since the curse already affected me?
You have to use it to AVOID the curse when it is hitting you. It doesn't allow you to cancel continuing curses after they take effect.

Quote:
Tiny hands curse:
I do know carrying and using items are 2 different things. The tiny hands curse says: You cannot carry any 2 handed items. Does this means I only can't carry them but I can still use them or not?...
All items on the table are being carried, whether you are using them or not, so you can't USE something that you aren't allowed to carry, because using it requires carrying it as well. (There ARE some things, like Steeds, that "carry themselves", but so far as I know, none of them require two-hands, so they aren't relevant to this specific case.)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
bonetm

Quote:

The first part is answered here: you can only get the rewards from a fight after you win the combat. If you Run Away, you get nothing.

The second part can be answered here: You can Charm the monster in any combat you are in, as the main player or helper, but the main player gets the Treasure (and must share them as previously agreed.)

Quote:
Thief class:
This post from Erik clarifies about that. Yes, you can steal Itens when you are a Level 1 Thief.

Quote:
Orc race:
No, the Orc card tells you to cancel the curse as soon as you are hit with it. After the Curse is already in effect, you can't remove it.

Quote:
Tiny hands curse:
If you can't carry you can't use. Carry means "to have in play".
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Boaz Reinders

oki thank you for clarifying this all.
and sorry for the late repost but was busy working hehe
Boaz Reinders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curse, orc, thief, wizard