Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #71
David Johnston2

Default Re: DF Monsters: A Wizard did It!

Butterstings: Butterflies with paralytic venomous stings.

Piranhafey: Meat eating pixies who swarm prey in large clouds

Rainbow Serpents: Snakes with iridescent scales and hallucinogenic venom

Stirgefleur: Attractive beautiful flower bushes with thorny vines that wrap around prey and then absorb the blood the thorns draw.

Starecubs: Koala-like creatures with oversized eyes that can produce mentally stunning attacks on those who meet their gaze.

Coronets: Parasitic plants that grow into victims skulls, taking over their brains while seeming be flowery crowns.

Guess what the theme of my latest villain is. Go on, guess!
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #72
(E)

Imps(a variation from my DF game)
A small winged type of demon. Each looks like a small overweight human dressed in a filthy loincloth with bat wings, a tail and horns. Surprisingly perceptive they yell insults and take advantage of any weaknesses they see.

They can distort their mouths to a enable a bite like a much larger creature. The most memorable thing about them however is their "natural" weapons. Imps weaponize their every bodily function. Flinging flaming faeces, anger inducing saliva the list goes on.

Being demons they have a casual attitude to damage and would rather ham up a death scene or get a final insult in than run away.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #73
(E)

Ratweres
A swarm of rats that can turn into a humanoid. Not limited in size, more rats mean a bigger humanoid. Can heal by calling more rats into itself. Can launch rats. Alternate form a giant rat.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #74
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Ratweres
A swarm of rats that can turn into a humanoid. Not limited in size, more rats mean a bigger humanoid. Can heal by calling more rats into itself. Can launch rats. Alternate form a giant rat.
This is the character I'm playing in Ghostdancer's B-Team supers game. I'm not joking. She doesn't launch rats, but she summons thousands of rats and commands them, regenerates by absorbing more rats, and turns into a giant ogre-like rat with a prehensile tail that gets EVEN BIGGER if she can suck up more rats. And super strength.

I'm really terrible at making heroes.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #75
(E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
This is the character I'm playing in Ghostdancer's B-Team supers game. I'm not joking. She doesn't launch rats, but she summons thousands of rats and commands them, regenerates by absorbing more rats, and turns into a giant ogre-like rat with a prehensile tail that gets EVEN BIGGER if she can suck up more rats. And super strength.

I'm really terrible at making heroes.
I told a white lie before, those Imps weren't monsters, they were a DF player race. So I completely understand.

Last edited by (E); 09-27-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #76
Nymdok

Sinuwhip

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:11 AM   #77
(E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post
Sinuwhip

Nymdok
Awesome, I'll have to write up that monster properly to do that justice. Rather than my usual 1/2 way finished scrawl*

Maellock
This demonic summoning can have a varied shape, but the most common is that of an armless crossbow. What passes for the creatures skin looks like a hybrid of reptilian scales and insect chitin with just a suggestion of freshly flensed bone. If you look carefully the person holding it has a red and open wound that matches the Maellock's mouth. Which is oddly halfway along its body.

The Maellock is a demon weapon that spits a high velocity bone dart amd costs the wielder a HP of blood a day. As each Maellock spends more and more time on this plane of existance they develop unique abilities.

Variations include ones that appear to be staves and smaller ones that are harder to find when they attach themselves to their host.

*Being honest it's probably a 1/4 finished barely legible scrawl.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #78
(E)

Medusakin

The decendants of Medusa and a human lover exhibit a wife range of monstrous characteristics no two alike. They generally find a way to conceal their heritage and pass as human(oid)
Examples
- two large python type snakes emerge from the shoulders. Concealed in a back pack.
- a smaller venomous snake where the decendants tongue should be.
- has the snake like ability to dislocated their jaw.
- has a second eyelid that where closed enables a petrifying gaze.
- has smaller snakes concealed in their normal hair. Useful for periscope use and a venomous surprise
Old 09-28-2016, 02:05 PM   #79
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Medusakin

The decendants of Medusa and a human lover exhibit a wife range of monstrous characteristics no two alike.
Some typos are better than others.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #80
Nostri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
On a related note...

Rot Flicker

These zombies are the nastily-rotting kind, and while they're slow shufflers adventurers aren't safe standing out of reach. Rot Flickers rip out handfuls of their own putrifying organs and guts to throw at adventurers; the splatter is nauseating and infectious, and is guaranteed to send Squeemish adventurers into fits.
On another related note this made me remember a zombie variant from a LARP I used to play (which I've since seen in multiple video games but my first exposure was long before that)-

Bloated One
A shambling zombie made from a corpse left to rot and bloat in the sun they explode in a wet cloud of putrefied flesh, rotted fluids, and foul gasses once you do enough damage to rupture the body cavity. Everyone in arm's reach is sickened, and at the LARP you got stunned/begin to pantomime vomiting.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, monsters