Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
isabellaLovesBallet

Default Munchkin Booty: Rule Breaker?

Ok. So I am asking for your opinion here. We were all playing munchkin booty and I was a Dutch. I needed help with a monster so somebody helped me. He let me have all of the treasures. People had been adding wandering monsters/sharks to it so I got like 12 treasures. I already had 5 in my hand, so I needed to get rid of a bunch. On the Dutch card, it says that anytime during your turn except during combat, you can discard any two treasures and draw a new one. It did not specify that you could only do it once, so I did it like 8 times until I had less than 5 in my hand. The treasures were mostly go up a level cards because I was able to pick and choose since I had so many cards to discard, so i moved up to a level nine then won on my next turn. Three people think this was cheating, and me and one other person think it wasn't.... what do you think?
isabellaLovesBallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
tremorlaine

Default Re: Munchkin Booty: Rule Breaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellaLovesBallet View Post
Ok. So I am asking for your opinion here. We were all playing munchkin booty and I was a Dutch. I needed help with a monster so somebody helped me. He let me have all of the treasures. People had been adding wandering monsters/sharks to it so I got like 12 treasures. I already had 5 in my hand, so I needed to get rid of a bunch. On the Dutch card, it says that anytime during your turn except during combat, you can discard any two treasures and draw a new one. It did not specify that you could only do it once, so I did it like 8 times until I had less than 5 in my hand. The treasures were mostly go up a level cards because I was able to pick and choose since I had so many cards to discard, so i moved up to a level nine then won on my next turn. Three people think this was cheating, and me and one other person think it wasn't.... what do you think?
If it doesn't say "usable once per turn" on the card and there isn't errata attached to it on the website then I'd say that what you did was perfectly legal.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
cartmanbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellaLovesBallet View Post
Sounds legal to me... the other players should have worked harder to make sure you didn't get those 12 treasures!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
isabellaLovesBallet

K.... thanks this might convince those that think I cheated lol!
isabellaLovesBallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Mister Ed

I'm mostly curious as to who why somebody would agree to help you for no treasure. Did they get ANYTHING out of it?
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Clipper

Note that you would have also been able to sell some of those Treasures for levels too.

I'm also curious to find out why the other player helped you, as it really doesn't make much sense.

Tags
dutch, munchkin booty