Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #4311
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Corat nods a yes. He does so immediately by human standards, but for an Ofanite it was like he'd pondered it for an hour. On the bright side he did not in fact ponder it for an hour, so he's got some of his mojo back.

Ryuki, however, can read lips. "No," he says out loud, interrupting Von Galen, facing vaguely in the direction of the three angels so as not to give any one away. "He's leaving."
Mitch runs his hand though his hair looking a touch torn before nodding at Kane "Don't let him go, we should not waste the time we have spent here looking for him. He has answers to our questions."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #4312
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

It's a hard decision for a Malakite. On the one hand, Corat is an angel of War, the closest thing to a celestial commander the group has. On the other, Ryuki is the one who initially summoned the group together, and thus has an equal claim to be the point.

But this Heaven knows ... one must always give clear orders to a Virtue. If the orders conflict, he is left to his own judgment. And thus his own vows.

Suffer not an evil to live, if it is my choice. The words are burned on his heart. And by default, the choice has been left to him. Heaven won't argue. Not when he decided to follow the angel's advice instead of the sorcerer's, however virtuous. Especially not with a second angel's advice joining the first.

Not unless this goes seriously wrong.

He calmly picks up some rope, or a nearby length of electric cord ... anything that would make a decent lariat and won't be missed right away. He then begins moving in Van Galen's general direction. Not hurrying, not clearly pursuing him, not even obviously with him as a target. But his path will bring him there, and the easy-going lope is ready to turn faster and more urgent if it has to.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #4313
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
He calmly picks up some rope, or a nearby length of electric cord ... anything that would make a decent lariat and won't be missed right away. He then begins moving in Van Galen's general direction. Not hurrying, not clearly pursuing him, not even obviously with him as a target. But his path will bring him there, and the easy-going lope is ready to turn faster and more urgent if it has to.
In the meantime, Sunae continues to give the car as much love and attention as she can so that it remains happy and distracted. But don't be fooled. Although her attentions are elsewhere, she is very much aware and ready to act should the need arises.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 12-15-2017 at 03:41 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #4314
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
The people nearest to Kane note the electrical cord in his hand and give him a little room. He might just be a tech guy, and this show just wouldn't happen without those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
In the meantime, Sunae continues to give the car as much love and attention as she can so that it remains happy and distracted. But don't be fooled. Although her attentions are elsewhere, she is very much aware and ready to act should the need arises.
Von Galen is no fool either. There's no quick escape for him (though Phaeton seems to be crawling away just fine. A shame, since Phaeton has always been about the showy exits). As a man his tactic would be clear, but as a spirit his mind is on rails. Even as he gathers bystanders around him, he's thinking of the one thing he's famous for.

Fortunately for the party, he is famous for it. He gestures to Glen for confirmation but doesn't quite wait for the answer. "Where'd you put the BOMB, Beren?" Ryuki shouts across the crowd, purposely louder than he needs to. 'Beren' sounds enough like 'Baron' that if he's really, really lucky he'll get that guy's attention too. Or really unlucky. Hard to say.

The car is calm, its horses oblivious to the implications. The crowd is murmuring among themselves, not sure whether this is a bluff.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #4315
chumley1013

During all of this exchange, Cameron has been hitting the digital Ones and Twos pretty hard, trying to keep the crowd moving and safe. She has completely ignored her friends, lost in her own little world of playing some decent music.

She comes up for air, looking for her friends, and seeing them, decides to drop something to get the car swarmed, lest it become another Stephen King novel.

Time to break out the big guns.

With a deep breath, she cuts over to a new track.https://youtu.be/kdemFfbS5H0
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #4316
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

With the assistance of the crowd, Kane continues to move toward his prey. Nothing threatening, nothing obvious ... but nothing is going to stop him, either. He watches the reactions carefully as Ryuki lobs his "bomb" shell, ready to act as the moment allows him.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #4317
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
During all of this exchange, Cameron has been hitting the digital Ones and Twos pretty hard, trying to keep the crowd moving and safe. She has completely ignored her friends, lost in her own little world of playing some decent music.

She comes up for air, looking for her friends, and seeing them, decides to drop something to get the car swarmed, lest it become another Stephen King novel.

Time to break out the big guns.

With a deep breath, she cuts over to a new track.https://youtu.be/kdemFfbS5H0
((Weird. I thought that posted))

In your heads you hear a sound, a three-note drum riff that sounds a little like a computer notification noise. To the uninitiated, it's an inviting sound that wants you to open it up to chat.

To the rest of you, experienced in this, it is angel radio. The Disturbance confirms this.

((Nisroc could just break in, but a)this angel is more polite and less powerful and b) a certain character insists that Cameron absolutely must get a choice whether to be included.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-23-2017 at 10:41 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:23 AM   #4318
ladyarcana55

Quote:
In your heads you hear a sound, a three-note drum riff that sounds a little like a computer notification noise. To the uninitiated, it's an inviting sound that wants you to open it up to chat.

To the rest of you, experienced in this, it is angel radio. The Disturbance confirms this.
Sunae looks up briefly before returning her attentions to the car. If something happens that requires her attention she will deal with it then.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #4319
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
((Weird. I thought that posted))

((Nisroc could just break in, but a)this angel is more polite and less powerful and b) a certain character insists that Cameron absolutely must get a choice whether to be included.))
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae looks up briefly before returning her attentions to the car. If something happens that requires her attention she will deal with it then.
<<Alright, we've got six minutes of radio time.>> Corat's voice is in your head. <<I'm thinking I'll get lost in this crowd, Possess the guy next to him, and we can walk him to where we want him that way. Objections?>>

<<I'd rather just let me take a selfie sit down and chat with the guy. Which won't happen with this neh neh ne-ne-neh earworm going on. On the bright side it means he won't be kibbitzing either. The crowd is not our friend.>>
Old 12-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #4320
ladyarcana55

Quote:
<<Alright, we've got six minutes of radio time.>> Corat's voice is in your head. <<I'm thinking I'll get lost in this crowd, Possess the guy next to him, and we can walk him to where we want him that way. Objections?>>

<<I'd rather just let me take a selfie sit down and chat with the guy. Which won't happen with this neh neh ne-ne-neh earworm going on. On the bright side it means he won't be kibbitzing either. The crowd is not our friend.>>
<<The crowd is not his friend either. The girls don't like him and the important people won't like him if the girls don't. And yes, I am considered one of the girls for tonight only.>>

Tags
in nomine