Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #11
Kyoya

Default Re: User Made Items for GCA4

Robcoastie's Old West weapons data sheet are no up on in the GCA Section of my website.
MIB #2289 | I host some GCA stuff
Kyoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #12
taotegambit

OK, I've successfully completely converting my MAgic Items file to version 4. However, I still cannot find how to add, what under the old system was PD, and I guess is now considered DB. I checked the main file and it still listed PD as : pd(1) or whatever number, I tried this and got no difference in dodge parry or block. I do not want to have to put +1block +1 dodge +1 parry since that should be taken care of with a simple pd(1). Anyone have any tips? Armin is that even how it works in ver. 4?

Ring of Protection +1 ($5000), pd(1), basecost(5000), baseweight(.1), page(RC238)

Sincerely
Sean-Michael

Last edited by taotegambit; 08-30-2005 at 10:52 PM. Reason: include item
taotegambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 PM   #13
PK

Okay, I've just updated my website and I now have a page just for GCA files. In addition to my house rules GDF (which I've just fixed a bug in -- if the Perception fix didn't work in the last one, please download this one instead) I've added a GDF for GURPS Mysteries and a GDF that compiles the canonical Talents along with some of the better ones from the forums, here. Link is in my sig.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #14
Armin
GCA Prime

Sorry, I seem to have missed this when it was originally posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taotegambit
However, I still cannot find how to add, what under the old system was PD, and I guess is now considered DB. I checked the main file and it still listed PD as : pd(1) or whatever number, I tried this and got no difference in dodge parry or block. I do not want to have to put +1block +1 dodge +1 parry since that should be taken care of with a simple pd(1). Anyone have any tips? Armin is that even how it works in ver. 4?

Ring of Protection +1 ($5000), pd(1), basecost(5000), baseweight(.1), page(RC238)
No protection values from equipment are automatically applied to the character, because at this time, GCA has no way of knowing what's being actually worn or used, and what's simply owned and kept down in the local self-store.

I was previously advised to remove PD from the protection window, which I did. Unfortunately, the fact of DB and Deflect were overlooked, so there's currently no way to add those there. I hope to get that back in the future.

For now, if you really want a piece of gear such as the Ring of Protection to apply a defense bonus, you'll need to add the +1 Block, +1 Parry, +1 Dodge to the gives().

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin
Sorry, I seem to have missed this when it was originally posted.
Somehow I did too... not sure what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin
For now, if you really want a piece of gear such as the Ring of Protection to apply a defense bonus, you'll need to add the +1 Block, +1 Parry, +1 Dodge to the gives().
There are some more complex ways of doing this too, and one that can save you time. For instance it may save you a lot of time to just paste the following tag to any piece of equipment with PD:
Code:
gives(+me::pd to Block, +me::pd to Parry, +me::pd to Dodge)
You can also create a modifier that does a similar thing; this way you can add the modifier to the items which will affect the characters Defense:
Code:
Affects Defense, +0, gives(+owner::pd to Block, +owner::pd to Parry, +owner::pd to Dodge)
Just be aware that neither of these approaches will work particularly well with values for pd() that are not numerical - if they include a split number or any notes text (a * or something similar) the bonus will be ignored.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #16
CthulhuBob

How do you indicate that a weapon requires two hands in GCA?

CthulhuBob
MisCon 34, 22nd-25th of May, 2020
www.miscon.org
Talk MisCon! https://www.facebook.com/groups/225948954099351/

"Get her, that was your whole plan, get her?"
CthulhuBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #17
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuBob
How do you indicate that a weapon requires two hands in GCA?
GCA doesn't currently know, or really care, if something is one-handed or two-handed. It doesn't affect the printed stats at all.

All weapons do include the little two-handed notation on MinST that's used in the weapons table († means it's two-handed, ‡ means it's two-handed and becomes unready, but both turn into black-boxes in the font used within GCA, though they print fine).

Unfortunately the Character Sheet doesn't currently print MinST for melee weapons. While the "official" character sheet doesn't list MinST, it might be a good thing if Armin can adjust the one GCA uses to print it, both because MinST is important and because of the notation there.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 11-18-2005 at 08:57 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #18
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith
Unfortunately the Character Sheet doesn't currently print MinST for melee weapons. While the "official" character sheet doesn't list MinST, it might be a good thing if Armin can adjust the one GCA uses to print it, both because MinST is important and because of the notation there.
I'll see what I can do.

Armin
Old 11-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #19
Armin
GCA Prime

I have now put up a new version of the standard character sheet, which has the option to print a ST column for hand weapons, to show the min ST data. I set this to Yes by default, so it will automatically appear for users unless they turn it off.

You can grab it at my sheets site here: http://www.misersoft.com/gca4/.

Armin
Old 11-26-2005, 01:10 AM   #20
M Bison

Anyone doing a list of Ultra-tech/Sci-fi gear?
M Bison is offline   Reply With Quote