Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #21
zoncxs

Default Re: [Sorcery] Post Your Spells Here

Tundra Armor

Keywords: Obvious.
Full Cost: 57 points for level 1+ 12/level
Casting Roll: None.
Range: none.
Duration: Indefinite.

You can manifest a suit of plate armor made of a semi-translucent ice that constantly forms around you as you get hit. each level 1 provides DR 3 with semi-ablative that regenerates 1 point per second.

Statistics: Level 1 is DR 3 (Magic, -10%; Visible, -10%; Forcefield, +20%; Semi-ablative, -20%) [12/level]. + Regeneration (very fast; DR only, -40%; Sorcery, -15%) [45]
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #22
CeeDub

Loving the frost-themed spells!
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #23
zoncxs

Cold Snap

Full Cost: 2.9 points/level.
Casting Roll: None. Use Innate Attack (Beam) to hit.
Range: 100 yards.
Duration: Instantaneous.

Freezes the victim in ice. Treat FP lost to failed attempts to break free as freezing, but the victim doesn’t become helplessly entangled on 17-18. This trade-off is a special effect.

Statistics: Binding (Engulfing, +60%; Sorcery, -15%) [2.9/level]
Old 09-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #24
zoncxs

Glacier field

Keywords: Wall, Obvious.
Full Cost: 11 points/level. + various
Casting Roll: None. Use Innate Attack (beam) to hit.
Range: Various
Duration: various

Create a wall of ice. Its Dimensions, strength, duration, and the distance at which you can cast it varies. A level 1 version of this spell allows you to create a 6 yards long by 1 yard wide with a height of 4 yards at up to a distance of 10 yards that lasts for 10 seconds. you can freely choose the form the wall can take. a max level one allows you to create a 48 yards long by 1 yard wide with a height of 4 yards at up to a distance of 100 yards that lasts for 5 minutes. Each yard of wall has DR 3 and 1/2 HP per Level (round up); e.g., a level 8 Glacier field produces a wall with DR 24 and 4 HP. The wall does no damage itself, but those who crash into it take crushing damage.

Each increase in dimensions adds 2.5pts per level, max 3 levels.
Each increase in durations adds 1pts per level, max 3 levels.
Each increase in distance adds 0.5pts per level, max 3 levels.

Statistics: Crushing Attack (Area effect, 2 yards, +50%; Increased 1/2D, 10¥, +15%; Persistent, +40%; Reduced Range, -30%; Wall, +60%; Sorcery, -15%) [11/level] for each level of dimensions add another level of area effect, +50%, each level of duration adds extended duration, +20%, for distance you remove reduced range by each level.

Last edited by zoncxs; 09-22-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:15 AM   #25
zoncxs

Freeze field

Keywords: Area, Obvious.
Full Cost: 3.5 points/level.
Range: Various
Duration: Instantaneous.

A burst of frost that freezes everyone within its area of effect. Treat FP lost to failed attempts to break free as freezing, but the victim doesn’t become helplessly entangled on 17-18. This trade-off is a special effect. The level of the area of effect can not exceed 1/5 the level of the spell. thus level 10 of this spell can allow 2 addition levels of area of effect. each level of Area of effect adds +1pts per level.

Statistics: Binding (Engulfing, +60%; Emanation, -20%; Area Effect, +50% Sorcery, -15%) [3.5/level] add more levels of area of effect for 1/level.

Last edited by zoncxs; 09-23-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:33 AM   #26
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
Statistics: Fatigue Attack (Increased Range 1/2D, ×2, +5%; jet, +0%; Freezing, +20%; Side Effect, Paralysis, +200%; Sorcery, -15%) [24.8/level]
I get the cost to be quite different:
Innate attack(Fatigue) is 10 points/level and applying +210% to it gives 31 points.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #27
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
I get the cost to be quite different:
Innate attack(Fatigue) is 10 points/level and applying +210% to it gives 31 points.
wow, you are right. I was using a base cost of 8 for some reason. I changed it and modified the spell to make it less powerful too.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #28
Anders

Spider Pustule

Keywords: Resisted (Will)
Full Cost: 37 points
Casting Roll: Will
Range: Touch
Duration: 2d days

Okay, I may need some help with this.

The caster touches the subject and after 2d hours, 1d pustules appear on his face. The pustules appear benign, although they are large and blue-black. They swell for 2d days, becoming as large as hen's eggs, to finally burst, causing 1 point of toxic damage per pustule (DR does not protect). A large, non-venomous spider crawls out of each pustule. This will cause a Fright Check. Lancing the boils before they burst causes 1 point of toxic damage, but kills the spiders before they can hatch. The scars lowers the character's appearance by 1 step until the damage heals.

Statistics: Affliction (Grant Disadvantage, lowered appearance, +8%; Linked, +10%; Extended Duration, Permanent, +150%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [20] + Innate Attack, Toxic (1d; Link, +10%; Malediction 1, +100%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [6] + Terror 1 (Link, +10%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Sorcery, -15%; Touch, -20%) [11]. The cost for the Affliction is based on the maximum points needed to drop a person from one appearance level to the next.

Last edited by Anders; 09-26-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #29
Celti

Here's one that's seen use by NPCs in my game, making an interesting challenge for the players (and the party sorcerer promptly bought it).

Mana Fountain
Full Cost: 90 points with house rules or 293 by RAW.
Range: Self.
Duration: 30 seconds (special cooldown, see below).

This spell creates a massive fountain of glowing magical energy to suffuse the caster, causing them to regenerate HP, FP, and ER at a rate of 10 points per second for thirty seconds. Once this spell is activated, the caster cannot switch spells for the duration of this regeneration and for five minutes thereafter, making it unwise to use without access to simultaneous spells!

Statistics (House Rules): Regeneration (Extreme; Fatigue & Energy Recovery, +200%; Maximum Duration, 30 seconds, -75%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot switch spells with this slot until cooldown expires, -5%; Sorcery, -20%; Visible, -10%) [90].
Statistics (RAW): Regeneration (Extreme; Fatigue & Energy Recovery, +200%; Maximum Duration, 30 seconds, -75%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot switch spells with this slot until cooldown expires, -5%; Sorcery, -15%; Visible, -10%) [293].

The relevant house rules we use are Multiplicative Modifiers and Costs Fatigue at -10% per level.
Why yes, that does mean I've had to go and re-stat every blasted Sorcery spell!
Why do I do this to myself? Really, why...?
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #30
Minuteman37

Some one point improvisational spells would be nice to see, if anyone wants an idea.
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, magic as powers, powers, sorcery