Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #11
Phantasm

Default Re: The GURPS Index

Just remember to put "Fnord ... You're not cleared for that, citizen." in there someplace. ;)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #12
Jürgen Hubert

Added sub-pages for:

- Magical Styles
- Powers
- Power Modifiers
- Talents
Old 04-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #13
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Just remember to put "Fnord ... You're not cleared for that, citizen." in there someplace. ;)
Because any joke worth telling is worth running into the ground...

Under magical styles, are we going to list the various paths and books of Path/Book Magic, or is that too granular?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Because any joke worth telling is worth running into the ground...

Under magical styles, are we going to list the various paths and books of Path/Book Magic, or is that too granular?
That should probably be a separate list, as it represents a separate magic system.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
That should probably be a separate list, as it represents a separate magic system.
Absolutely. It's also completely normal to practice several paths, and I get the impression it's not standard practice to have several Magical Styles?
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #16
Jürgen Hubert

Added a page for Perks while Shadowjack added one for Features.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #17
shadowjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Added a page for Perks while Shadowjack added one for Features.
Yeah, I realized that would be a good idea when I got to the D advantages, and came across the note on Doesn't Breathe (Gills) that Gills Only is a 0-point feature. Whoops, I thought, better index those, too.

Idle question: Are all 0-point traits features, or is a feature a specific thing in and of itself?

I apologize for being inconsistent about whether or not to index compound phrases as "Very Fat" vs. "Fat, Very" or both or whatever. Fortunately it's a wiki, we can fix it.

btw, good idea to set up a wiki for this, Jürgen. I've been meaning to do a text-file index just for myself for some time, but it's a lot more useful this way.
shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #18
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Absolutely. It's also completely normal to practice several paths, and I get the impression it's not standard practice to have several Magical Styles?
Paths are the equivalent of colleges, not styles.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #19
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjack View Post
Yeah, I realized that would be a good idea when I got to the D advantages, and came across the note on Doesn't Breathe (Gills) that Gills Only is a 0-point feature. Whoops, I thought, better index those, too.

Idle question: Are all 0-point traits features, or is a feature a specific thing in and of itself?
I think all 0-point traits are features, yes.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #20
Jürgen Hubert

I have been asked not to directly copy the template lists on the forums to the wiki.

Perhaps this is just as well - if we go through the templates one by one, we can also add them into additional sub-index pages to make them more useful.

Here, for instance, is the index page for occupational templates in alphabetical orders - but here is an attempt to organize templates by genre. Which raises the question: How should we structure the genres?

I've started with a basic subdivision between Fantasy, Modern Day, and Science Fiction, and then added the subgenres of Dungeon Fantasy, Action, and Monster Hunters... but Monster Hunters is already problematic, since it is a crossover between "Modern Day" and "Fantasy".

I also hit on the idea of adding occupational lenses intended for specific templates directly below the actual template entries, similar to how we have done advantage-specific enhancements and limitations on the Advantage index. Which brings me to another question: Are there any "occupational lenses" which aren't tied to specific sets of templates (like all "Action" templates)?