Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 01-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #61
GM Joe

Default Re: What would you like to see on #SJGamesLIVE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Except (A) we usually want to more than a few minutes for these things, and (B) we have discussed the fact that no 5th edition is coming via these channels, and yet people still ask. In fact, I'm pretty sure that declaring "the focus of the next #SJGamesLive will be on how no GURPS 5th Edition is coming" would just make everyone swear that 5E is around the corner. :)
LOL. That would be classic, if life were a sitcom. (And I'm not saying it's not.)

It'd be nice if #SJGamesLIVE could go into the production process for Ogre 6e, the new Car Wars, and Dungeon Fantasy. Choosing the box size (shelf space considerations), box artwork, picking a company to do the printing, what to include in the product vs. what to leave for future add-ons, that sort of thing.

Or, a lecture from Phil on the history of toys. :)
Old 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #62
Refplace

I would like some talk on how the physical products for GURPS tests have gone and overall impressions on where we may be headed.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:45 AM   #63
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I would like some talk on how the physical products for GURPS tests have gone and overall impressions on where we may be headed.
Conclusions on that are probably some time away.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:49 AM   #64
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Except (A) we usually want to more than a few minutes for these things, and (B) we have discussed the fact that no 5th edition is coming via these channels, and yet people still ask. In fact, I'm pretty sure that declaring "the focus of the next #SJGamesLive will be on how no GURPS 5th Edition is coming" would just make everyone swear that 5E is around the corner. :)
From Yes Prime Minister*: "First rule of politics: never believe anything until it's been officially denied."

*best damn political show ever made
Old 01-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #65
Magesmiley

I wouldn't mind seeing an update on how Car Wars is doing. It's been awhile since we've gotten a peek at it.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #66
Andreeon

Yes me too as Well. I second that!
Andreeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #67
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

There may actually be some progress to report before too long; that would be nice!

The game moves fast enough that we might actually be able to do a short play session live. That would require a decision: explain every move as it's made (informative but slow) or just play and shoot and keep the chatter going.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #68
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
. . .
That would require a decision: explain every move as it's made (informative but slow) or just play and shoot and keep the chatter going.
Why not do both? Either two halves of the same video or in separate videos.

Play the fly-on-the-wall watches a quick game with the pros. Then transition into the director's cut replay with explanation and commentary.

Last edited by Tom H.; 01-09-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #69
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
There may actually be some progress to report before too long; that would be nice!

The game moves fast enough that we might actually be able to do a short play session live. That would require a decision: explain every move as it's made (informative but slow) or just play and shoot and keep the chatter going.
I'm a bit torn on that.

I think though that the informative version is probably going to be more popular as an option - otherwise we're watching stuff going on without a lot of context, making it really hard to understand what is being done. It would probably also get a lot of feedback on the forums.

I've also found personally on many occasions that when I have to explain how something works that problems with what I'm doing crystalizes or becomes more obvious. So it might be worthwhile just to help solidify the rules explanation.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #70
KataH

I, and many other,s would like to know if SJ Games is considering supporting any of the VTT (Virtual Table Tops) systems like Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds in an official way.
Minimally in an 'official' GURPS character sheet, created and maintained by SJ Games with import capability for GCA and GCS.
Expanded beyond the to include Racial Templates, adventures, and possible full rules support.
Their official support could also get these companies to do a better job of using the Hex Map, 3d6 dice rolling capabilities, includes Yards in their map scale measurements (Roll20), etc.
Inquiring minds want to know.

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sjgameslive, supersecretshow