Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
Luke Bunyip

Default [MH] Ten bore Colt 'pistol'

Ian MacCallum, of Forgotten Weapons fame, has just posted a video on a five round ten bore 'revolver'. Sure enough, down in the comments section there was discussion of it's utility vs werewolves, vampires, werelephants, and vampire elephants.

Naturally, I thought of you gentlefolk.
Enjoy.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #2
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Re: [MH] Ten bore Colt 'pistol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip View Post
Ian MacCallum, of Forgotten Weapons fame, has just posted a video on a five round ten bore 'revolver'. Sure enough, down in the comments section there was discussion of it's utility vs werewolves, vampires, werelephants, and vampire elephants.

Naturally, I thought of you gentlefolk.
Enjoy.
Oh, hey, it's Gun Jesus! Now, I'll just wait around for someone with much more knowledge and sensibility to stat this thing because I definitely want to find a way to use it!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

(watches video ...)

I think the LeMat has been supplanted in my heart as the Revolver of my Dreams.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Oh, hey, it's Gun Jesus! Now, I'll just wait around for someone with much more knowledge and sensibility to stat this thing because I definitely want to find a way to use it!
Ten "bore" means it was made for musket balls that massed 1/10 of pound (probably a Troy pound). This is the same as a slug for a ten "gauge" shotgun.

Such shotguns do 2D-1 P or 1D+2 P in Gurps depending on the source. A slug does 4x that in P++. So 22 to 24 damage translated to dice as you like. Call it 6D+1P++ or a little more.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Ten "bore" means it was made for musket balls that massed 1/10 of pound (probably a Troy pound). This is the same as a slug for a ten "gauge" shotgun.

Such shotguns do 2D-1 P or 1D+2 P in Gurps depending on the source. A slug does 4x that in P++. So 22 to 24 damage translated to dice as you like. Call it 6D+1P++ or a little more.
The weapon in question is indeed a sawed-off shotgun. I don’t know if the Colt 1855 10-gauge Revolving Shotgun is statted up anywhere for GURPS, but if it is you can probably just use the sawed-off guidelines from HT/TS to modify it down to size.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post

So, is this gun using bullets or pellets or slugs? And is 2D-1 the damage this weapon would deal per shot (up to five shots)?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
So, is this gun using bullets or pellets or slugs? And is 2D-1 the damage this weapon would deal per shot (up to five shots)?
Being a black powder muzzle loader, whatever you want to dump in. Although some of the stats will very.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
The weapon in question is indeed a sawed-off shotgun. I don’t know if the Colt 1855 10-gauge Revolving Shotgun is statted up anywhere for GURPS, but if it is you can probably just use the sawed-off guidelines from HT/TS to modify it down to size.
If it's not listed somewhere, it should be. It'd have to be against GURPS code to pass over something that sounds so cool. So far, I haven't found anything in the books that I have access to.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #9
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I don’t know if the Colt 1855 10-gauge Revolving Shotgun is statted up anywhere for GURPS,
I don't believe it is. The Colt 1855 5 shot revolving shotgun on p. 104 of Huigh Tech is in 20 G and not 10. Even in the slightly expanded text of Adventure Guns no 10 gauge variant is mentioned.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
As the other poster imp;lied the gun would fire what you loaded it with. 2D-1 would be the damage for a single pellet of buckshot. You would resolve how many pellets hit using the shotgun rules as normal. If you loaded it witha single ball you would get the higher damge I determined.