Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #531
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Ryuki, we have a serious problem. Kingman died, but not before letting something big and bad out. How do we help get them out of there before every creepy crawly around comes a'callin?"
"The short answer? They've got Corey with them, right? Run.

"The longer answer--make sure someone activates the house alarm before you leave, because I seriously doubt that's the only jar 'o bad guy in that house, and you don't want some random neighbor looting the place. And don't leave Kingman there, because if he can crawl he can open more jars."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Coinciding with roll call, an ambulance skids to a stop outside the building, it's lights and sirens blaring. Ash, with all his paramedic gear on, hurries in.

"Came as fast as I could, what's up?"
Corat is dumbfounded for a second, slightly distracted by the phone but mostly distracted by Ash's quick entrance.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #532
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"The short answer? They've got Corey with them, right? Run.

"The longer answer--make sure someone activates the house alarm before you leave, because I seriously doubt that's the only jar 'o bad guy in that house, and you don't want some random neighbor looting the place. And don't leave Kingman there, because if he can crawl he can open more jars."
"John, did you hear that?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #533
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
(really really sorry, distracted with vacation stuff!)

Ida drops into vessel then darts into the room with Corat and DeShawn, "Fine, but we should get out of here".
Mitch whips around at the howl coming from down the hall, alarm clear on his face. "What was that?" he snaps at Ida as she appears. "What happened?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #534
Andygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch whips around at the howl coming from down the hall, alarm clear on his face. "What was that?" he snaps at Ida as she appears. "What happened?"
"Kingman is dead but managed to release something nasty before he died. In addition the noise from Kingman's death will likely attract other nastiesa, it would be wise to be elsewhere before they show up."
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #535
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Coinciding with roll call, an ambulance skids to a stop outside the building, it's lights and sirens blaring. Ash, with all his paramedic gear on, hurries in.
Quote:
"The short answer? They've got Corey with them, right? Run."...
And don't leave Kingman there, because if he can crawl he can open more jars."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
"Kingman is dead but managed to release something nasty before he died. In addition the noise from Kingman's death will likely attract other nasties, it would be wise to be elsewhere before they show up."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"John, did you hear that?"
"I heard that." DeShawn decides it's his turn to take charge. "Don't worry lady on the phone, Kingman's..." he looks around the corner at the pooling blood, "not crawling anymore." He addresses Ash. "Perfect, an ambulance. Start throwing the equipment out of there to make room for jars." DeShawn's got nerve--he clearly expects Ash to just hop up and do that.

"Wait," says Corat, and again he can't believe he said that. "Listen--the dogs. I need one or two of you to go out there with me and see what it's doing, and whether it's waiting for us. We may have to go Celestial..."

DeShawn gets up and goes into the dressing room, stepping over his old mentor and examining the fallen, open jar.

"...go Celestial to see what it is and what it's doing."

"It isn't celestial. It's a god. The Baron used to call him Zuul, and Kingman called it Huatl. They both hated it, since its thing was human sacrifice. They said it won't hurt you unless your friends sell you out. I always figured that part was bull though, just a way to try to keep me in line."

Quote:
"The longer answer--... and you don't want some random neighbor looting the place. ...
Back in San Francisco, Ryuki seems genuinely unhappy to learn that Kingman has been killed. He steels himself again though and gets his head back in business. "Lock the place down so it will hold for an hour or two, if you can. Hopefully I can get somebody in there before Ruby does."

DeShawn breaks in again. "Kingman taught the Baron how to shore up those wards, and I learned too. But I don't have the mojo--I'd have to try to teach you. Unless you already know how."
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #536
alexondria

While the rest decide what they are going to do Zahirah start's by looking for a box and assuming she finds one putting the jars from the same section as the broken one in the box.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #537
Puck

Quote:
"
"It isn't celestial. It's a god. The Baron used to call him Zuul, and Kingman called it Huatl. They both hated it, since its thing was human sacrifice. They said it won't hurt you unless your friends sell you out. I always figured that part was bull though, just a way to try to keep me in line."

Back in San Francisco, Ryuki seems genuinely unhappy to learn that Kingman has been killed. He steels himself again though and gets his head back in business. "Lock the place down so it will hold for an hour or two, if you can. Hopefully I can get somebody in there before Ruby does."

DeShawn breaks in again. "Kingman taught the Baron how to shore up those wards, and I learned too. But I don't have the mojo--I'd have to try to teach you. Unless you already know how."

Mitch looks even more troubled at the news "A god you say. Well, that's bad news. And not a kindly one from the sound of it." He looks around at all the activity for a moment, seeming a bit lost for a moment before straightening his shoulders and heading out to the ambulance to start clearing it out to make room for the jars.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #538
RadLilim

Quote:
He addresses Ash. "Perfect, an ambulance. Start throwing the equipment out of there to make room for jars." DeShawn's got nerve--he clearly expects Ash to just hop up and do that.
"Wait? What?" Ash asks, glancing around at those he knows. "Jars? A god? Who is this guy? Mitch?" he asks indicating DeShawn.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #539
Puck

Quote:
"Wait? What?" Ash asks, glancing around at those he knows. "Jars? A god? Who is this guy? Mitch?" he asks indicating DeShawn.
Mitch looks over and sets down the oxegen tank he had hauled from the ambuance "That's DeShawn, apprentice sorcerer, now hopefuly thinking about the error his ways. Honestly I'm not sure who she is" he adds, glancing over at Ida "I don't belive we've met." He gives her a polite smile before saying to Ash "I'm glad you're back. Where have you been if you don't mind me asking."
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #540
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch looks over and sets down the oxegen tank he had hauled from the ambuance "That's DeShawn, apprentice sorcerer, now hopefuly thinking about the error his ways. Honestly I'm not sure who she is" he adds, glancing over at Ida "I don't belive we've met." He gives her a polite smile before saying to Ash "I'm glad you're back. Where have you been if you don't mind me asking."
Ash jerks his thumb straight up, "Lateral transfer, long story, I'll tell you later. After whatever this is is fixed."

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine