Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #11
Dalin

Default Re: GURPS DF Dungeons question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
And, if you haven’t heard, there is a very nice third party adventure called Hall of Judgment by Gaming Ballistic (that would be Mr Cole above in this thread), I highly recommend it.
And Doug's outstanding adventure is explicitly designed for the DFRPG boxed set. It doesn't need anything else.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #12
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerednaw View Post
And which recommended books (as they are not mentioned in the product description in w23.)
They probably should be, but unless/until that changes, you'll want to look at the preview. There's a freely downloadable PDF for each GURPS book, which will be linked from its product page on W23, providing excerpts from the book. In addition to a couple of random pages from the book, letting you get a feel for the contents, these always include the title page, table of contents, and introduction. And the introduction will list recommended works.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #13
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
The latest adventure (Tomb of the Dragon King) ostensibly requires GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2: Icky Goo, and GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 3: Born of Myth & Magic.

In addition, it recommends GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level and GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 8: Treasure Tables.

Again, though, I think you can easily get by with just the boxed set. If I were just going to get some of these I would get the monster books first and then treasure tables because they can all be useful in DFRPG. DF2 is almost entirely ported over to DFRPG Exploits.
Going through the monsters in Tomb of the Dragon King, here's a quick list of monsters that are not already represented in Dungeon Fantasy Monsters:
  • Caustic Blossom. I suggest replacing it with something like an Erupting Slime.
  • The "undead lens" which is used to make the Dinomen zombies. You could do worse than to duct-tape the traits list from a Horde Zombie, along with +3 ST, +7 HP, Move -2, onto the regular Dinomen. You will have to adjust their damage.
Everything else is I think either in Dungeon Fantasy Monsters or included in the book. I might have missed something, of course.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote