Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #71
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Fox uses a stick to wave threw the middle illusion in case there are any traps. Failing any issues happening to the stick he sticks his head inside to see what is there, repeating for each spot.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:45 AM   #72
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He looks around for and finds a lone and crumby stick on the cave floor, and pokes it through the illusion, down the hole. Its about a foot deep. He sticks is face up against the hole, but he can't see anything on the other side: its too dark. Or he isn't getting through the illusion. Or both. Feeling with the stick tells him there is something at the end of the cavity in the rock.

The captain appears over his shoulder, holding up the strange latern. "Nu al? 'ood!"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #73
Friendpmcii

Michael shrugs, tryes to borrow the lamp and use it to get a visual by placing it in the hologram then his face. All else fails he sticks his hand in feeling the side for any pinmarks or odd markings as he makes his way down to explore what is at the bottom. Doing so for each hole, 'I wonder what will happen if I grab the wrong lever?' Michael shudders.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #74
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Sticking his face through is ultimately not very successful. He's feeling about when the captain gestures for him to step back, He brings out some device. It starts feeling like an illusion to Michael's weird third sense, but not like the spots he's felt before. The illusion in front of the hole now has a window in it, letting them see into it. There is a visible iron lever at the bottom.

Which hole did Michael check out first?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #75
Friendpmcii

Whichever one seems like the correct one. (Intuition roll) I check to be sure there isn't any clear traps and 'pull the lever!' as thoughts of the croncs grouve go through my head hoping it's not the 'Rock lever's.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #76
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(wow, which of three options is best is almost textbook use case for intuition).

The captain yanks on the lever, and something clicks in the underlying rock. A chunk of rock that should weigh a lot more than the captain makes it looks like moves back, and another chamber is revealed.

This one has a few different tunnels in it, leading in different directions. But only one leads in the direction of more of that weird feeling. A strange smell fills the chamber, and a few men mutter "sarmag"*.

* the creature you talked about earlier.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 PM   #77
Friendpmcii

(Yea, its basic issue for almost all charicters I make. I was glad to see it in the list of standard issues.)

I smell the air to get an idea of what it smells like and point down the direction in question. I look carefully for any possible traps as I go slowly down... Wires, loose rocks, rocks sticking out or making a strange pattern. 'I wonder when the traps will start. If there aren't any then the device likely deals in making allusion.'
Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #78
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kind of like you took a rooting feces smell and did something weird with it. perhaps adding salt to it? Its strangely not entirely unpleasant.

He sees no sign of any traps. He makes it to the end of this chamber, and the illusion is less difficult to deal with: a proper door opens into a third chamber. This chamber is small and perfectly square, much more obviously artificial than the last two chambers. Illusions cover all four walls. and there is one on the floor, under a thick layer of moss. The correct way forward is obvious, given the trail of illusions going through the rock.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #79
Friendpmcii

'Well there's the Trap.' Michael Grab his bag of ammo and make sure it's tied cloths and then tosses it in the middle of the room to hopefully set off the traps if that fails he then tosses the rest until either all of its tossed, either way he does not let anyone into the room.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #80
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He throws the bag of shot onto the floor. It hits with a light thud on the moss. There is a pause, and nothing happens. No grinding of stone. No passing strait through the floor. It just sits there.

Michael is drawing a bunch of attention. One of the men with the illusion lanterns is following him around, lighting his way. Having found the next entrance, they pile up behind him, but everyone respects his outstretched arm to go no further.

Tags
lost in dreams