Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #31
Refplace

Default Re: Space - Crush Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
I think the future is really going to favor more realistic and versatile systems like GURPS. I think that the industry is going to move towards more and more computerized tools, eliminating many of the difficulties in the game.
Multiple authors working on the same book is not how its typically done.
The author is working on it but since he knows he wont make much money and certainly not right away he has to work on other projects to keep paying the bills.
That is not an assumption on my part but what has been stated on this board multiple times by people who really should know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The hobby is tiny compared to what it was in the mid-eighties. There's no money in tabletop gaming anymore.
Unfortunately true. Computer games are much more popular now then pen and paper ones. A 5E would need to tae that into account.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
malloyd

Quote:
The hobby is tiny compared to what it was in the mid-eighties. There's no money in tabletop gaming anymore.
What, there was once was money in it? I don't remember that.... Seriously it's always been a negligible part of either the games or publishing industry, and with the possible exception of the owners de jour of D&D, not something anybody expected to make much money at.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
What, there was once was money in it? I don't remember that.... Seriously it's always been a negligible part of either the games or publishing industry, and with the possible exception of the owners de jour of D&D, not something anybody expected to make much money at.
Fine. You can believe that GURPS 5e is coming. I doubt it. I would bet money that Vehicle Design is first.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #34
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Fine. You can believe that GURPS 5e is coming. I doubt it. I would bet money that Vehicle Design is first.
Your post has nothing to do with the one you quoted.
Suggesting a dwindling niche market was never more than that does not equate to thinking a massive remake is on the horizon.

Unless SJG unexpectedly goes out of business, I trust them to eventually put out VDS.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #35
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Your post has nothing to do with the one you quoted.
Then the post that he quoted has nothing to do with his post. The context of this entire subthread is cosmicfish's claim that GURPS 5e will be out before Vehicle Design.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas giant, pressure, space