Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #71
Phil Masters

Default Re: New perks

Convincing Polymath: The character can land jobs without having any points in some or all of the prerequisite skills, provided that their default in those skills meets the job requirements.

(Obviously only really useful for someone with very high stats who wants to pick up a lot of different short-term jobs. But I just like the idea of a Reed Richards type who walks into almost any job without actual experience. "Accountancy is just adding up numbers - how hard can it be? And what's so hard about medicine anyway?" Combine it with Boss Charmer for a really annoying character.)
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #72
Anders

Zeno's paradox
Prerequisite: Must be a turtle

This perk allows a turtle to maintain his distance to Achilles (and only Achilles) when engaged in a foot race.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #73
Polkageist

Highdentification - You are able to identify the amount and type of any drug that is introduced into your body.
Polkageist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #74
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkageist View Post
Highdentification - You are able to identify the amount and type of any drug that is introduced into your body.
I love the idea of this as a perk, but I also think it's actually pretty strong and would be more expensive when built as (I think) Detect: Drug with Reflexive and Sense-Based: Touch or Blood Agent. Being able to know right away that a drug is in your system is awesome for being able to neutralize it before it starts affecting you.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:57 AM   #75
Gumby Bush

Highdentification:
This sounds to me like it is detecting an occasional category:
Detect (Drugs; Reflexive +40%; Blood Agent -40%; Internal x1/5) [2];

Specializing it to a particular kind of drug would make it a rare category with the same modifiers and thus a perk. Thus:

Highdentification (specialty):
Pick a drug. You are able to identify the amount and type of this drug when it is introduced into your body. You may pick from stimulants, depressants, hallucinogens, or whatever else the GM deems appropriate.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #76
Flyndaran
Untagged

I think it makes sense to limit it to recreational drugs. While still a large list, it would limit the, too useful in my opinion, ability to recognize most poisonings.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #77
Polkageist

I was gonna put a rarity limitation on it, but it got too wordy. Specializing is perfect, and can be tuned to be (un)useful. Recreational drug specialty could be really useful in a modern game, poisons in a fantasy... it could be something goofy like industrial chemicals for playing Erin Brockovitch what licks her evidence.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:51 PM   #78
Polkageist

Supertypist: You can accurately type on any keyboard or input device in any condition. Upside-down, blindfolded, one-handed (or footed), etc. If you can reach the keys with some part of your body or small tool you're directly controlling, you can type on it at normal speed and accuracy. You must still obey all the rules for the interface. For example, touch screens still need to be touched by a finger or capacitive stylus.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #79
Plane

Standard Operation Procedure: put clothes back on before switching off invisibility

Outfit Snatcher: wherever you left a specific suit of clothes when you turned insubstantial / invisible, they re-appear on you when you turn visible/substantial again, securing your modesty

Latter is cheaper than Snatcher (Specialized: Clothing I own -80%) [16] even as an Alternate Ability (1/5 = 4 points) but I figure it's fair because you're not just limiting yourself to clothing you own, but clothing you were wearing at the time you changed form.

Comparable to "Supersuit" perk from Supers except you don't have it with you while in the altered form, so you're unmodest/unprotected THEN, just not when you change back. The benefit is that your supersuit can't be damaged/stolen during that time, and you could have someone mending it in the meanwhile as you're walking through walls.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:51 PM   #80
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkageist View Post
Supertypist: You can accurately type on any keyboard or input device in any condition. Upside-down, blindfolded, one-handed (or footed), etc. If you can reach the keys with some part of your body or small tool you're directly controlling, you can type on it at normal speed and accuracy. You must still obey all the rules for the interface. For example, touch screens still need to be touched by a finger or capacitive stylus.
I've never seen a single one of the Mission Impossible movies, but I dare you to tell me that isn't one of the scenes. Ha.

Tags
perks