Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-13-2018, 12:38 AM   #931
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Hey GURPS Fans, I'm back! Today, I've got more True Communion (a psychic philosophy for Psi-Wars, a GURPS Space Opera setting), this time with the Martial Arts of the Keleni. The Keleni first created True Communion and needed a means of self-defense. At first, they devised a technique of telepathic staff-fighting (inspired by Christopher R. Rice's Ishin-Denshin), but when times became truly apocalyptic, zealots in their midst turned to assassination techniques using psi-blades.

You can check it out here
Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 AM   #932
Mailanka

Hey guys, got another post for ya! I'm continuing the martial arts of True Communion (a psychic philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera Setting). Today, I look at the psychic disciplines of True Communion. While it teaches numerous psychic abilities, it's particularly famous for its meditative healing, body control, and a fabled ability to subtly influence minds.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 AM   #933
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! I've got the last martial arts post for True Communion (A psychic philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting). This discusses the martial arts unique to the Knights of Communion, including the Serene Form, a defensive technique that improves ones connection to True Communion, Resonance Harmony, which unites wielder and force sword, and the Simple Form, sometimes called the Grandfather form, a very basic force sword technique that holds within it the keys to mastery of all force sword techniques.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #934
Mailanka

I'm on vacation, but my posts are still coming. I'm winding down True Communion (a psychic philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting) by taking a look at its organizations. Today, I've got the Temples of True Communion, places for worship and monastic sanctuary for those who want to attune themselves to the Cosmic Infinite.
l
Old 03-22-2018, 03:41 AM   #935
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day. At last, I have the first look at the Knights of Communion, an order of psychic knights that serve True Communion (a Psychic Philosophy for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera setting). This includes a look at their organization, the sort of things they teach, and the sorts of resources they have at their disposal. If it seems a little abstract to you, never fear! Soon, I'll have three fully fleshed out chapters available to you.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:15 AM   #936
Mailanka

It's Patron Week, and I have a big one: a 6000 word preview on a new and important alien race for Psi-Wars, my GURPS Space Opera Setting: the Eldoth. They're an ancient and dread race, one thought dead but only sleeping, the creators of the first galactic empire, whose haunted, monolithic ruins still hum ominously on forgotten worlds.

If you're a patron, check it out!
Old 03-30-2018, 04:57 AM   #937
Mailanka

Happy GUR... I mean, Ash Friday! I've been very busy this month (so I missed yesterday, alas: one of those "leave the house when it's dark, come back when it's dark" sort of days), but my blog keeps churning. I have a state of the Blog post, which discusses how things went, what to expect next month, and changes to my Patreon. Thanks everyone who supports my blog, either though reading it, through commenting and contributing, or by being a patron. Here's to another month of Psi-Wars.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:54 AM   #938
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! I've got a new blog post for you, and it's one I've been looking forward to for awhile. If you've been following Psi-Wars (My GURPS Space Opera setting) and True Communion (a psychic philosophy for said setting) than you've read up on the Knights of Communion, but I've always found that my readers have a hard time getting into generic material and want to see concrete, worked examples, something they can really sink their teeth into.

Well, I have the first of three worked Templar Chapters, the remnants of the fabled Knights of Communion. The first is the Dark Vigil Chapter, the secretive guardians of the Keleni temple worlds and silent enforcers of a criminal underworld.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:01 AM   #939
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! For my Psi-Wars faithful, I have another Chapter of the fallen Knights of Communion: the Wardens of the Monolith. This lost off-shoot of militant space knights was founded by the traitor, Revalis White, to guard over the ruined world of the ancient enemy of True Communion, where it has remained in silent, watchful duty for centuries until events across the Galaxy has stirred it from its post to find the Galaxy much changed.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #940
Mailanka

I'm running behind, but I'm still updating. So, happy belated GURPS day! Today, I have the last of my templar chapters (organizations that serve the philosophy of True Communion, a psychic philosophy for my GURPS Space Opera setting, Psi-Wars): the Far Strider Chapter. These wanderers and vagabond-knights protect wandering pilgrims, seek out lost Templar chapters, and are on a quest for the holy relics of the founder of their faith, Isa the Exile.

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack