Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
JCurwen3

Default [Powers] Super Luck questions

(1) Is there a way to be "immune" to someone using their Super Luck (with Wishing) on your rolls?

(2) What happens if two characters have Super Luck (with Wishing), and both try to influence the same roll? Just consider it negated and treat as normal?

(3) What limitation value seems appropriate if you are unable to use your Super Luck to make your or others' rolls a critical success (only up to normal success) or (with Wishing) others' rolls normal failures but not critical failures?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: [Powers] Super Luck questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
(1) Is there a way to be "immune" to someone using their Super Luck (with Wishing) on your rolls?

(2) What happens if two characters have Super Luck (with Wishing), and both try to influence the same roll? Just consider it negated and treat as normal?

(3) What limitation value seems appropriate if you are unable to use your Super Luck to make your or others' rolls a critical success (only up to normal success) or (with Wishing) others' rolls normal failures but not critical failures?

(2) Last man to use Super Luck wins. There's no real way in Gurps for two people to use Super Luck )or mcu of anything else) absolutely simulataneosly.

You can Wait to interrupt soembody else's Turn or use ETS to go first but it's always somebody's Turn and after that it's somebody else's Turn. Player A can flip the lights on during his Turn but then Player B can flip them back off after that.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Lamech

1) I think immunity (super luck) would be appropriate.
2) Last person to super luck it as far as the rules go. I would house rule it to negation.
3) No really sure... -30%?
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
1) I think immunity (super luck) would be appropriate.
I thought so too, but since it normally doesn't allow a resistance roll, I'm not sure. What would lower levels of Resistant (+3 or +8) do? And how "common" is "Super Luck"?
Quote:
2) Last person to super luck it as far as the rules go. I would house rule it to negation.
I like that house rule, probably would go with that and require Cosmic, +50% for a Super Luck that trumps others automatically (regardless of turn order).
Quote:
3) No really sure... -30%?
That seems reasonable, given how much is potentially lost by being disallowed producing criticals...
Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
David Johnston2

Quote:
Not unless it's bought with a power modifier that includes countermeasures. Super Luck can represent a lot of quite different things. Although you could get defensive Super Luck

Quote:
That's the option I'd go with.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
It looks something like a limited form of Super Luck to me, only to counter others attempts to change your rolls. It might need Alter Reality. If so, you'd have to heavily discount it to get a reasonable value.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
Quixotic Qlippoth
Banned

As for who'd go first- does anyone have any other luck based traits? Two guys with super luck battling it out, if one has serendipity I'd give him the edge.
Quixotic Qlippoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Lamech

Quote:
I thought so too, but since it normally doesn't allow a resistance roll, I'm not sure. What would lower levels of Resistant (+3 or +8) do? And how "common" is "Super Luck"?
Provide a bonus to resistance rolls. I suppose the GM should probably come up with something to replace it like for high pain threshold. (It is resistant to pain +3)
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic Qlippoth View Post
As for who'd go first- .
Who goes first is determined by the usual rules for whose Turn it is. It is always somebody's Turn even when Waits are invoked but it's never two people';s TYurn at the same time.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Quixotic Qlippoth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Who goes first is determined by the usual rules for whose Turn it is. It is always somebody's Turn even when Waits are invoked but it's never two people';s TYurn at the same time.
Nice troll.

SMH
Quixotic Qlippoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super luck