Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
endril

Default Mate card used in combat on Stoned Golem

Hello everyone,

It's my first post here and my friends and I are quite noobish at playing Munchkin, so sorry for any stupid things I might write in ignorance. We've come upon quite an unusual situation during gameplay, and we'd need your expert advice to untangle it:
  1. I kicked the door to reveal a Stoned Golem (You may choose whether to fight the Stoned Golem or just wave, walk past and let him keep his treasure. Exception: Halflings look tasty and must fight).
  2. An opponent played Mate (Another monster appears, of the same Level and with all the same Monster Enhancers. If the monsters are defeated, draw treasure for each and go up levels for each.)
  3. Another player (half-breed, elf/halfling) joined the battle to support me
  4. Someone else played Pretty Balloons (+5 to either side, usable only once) - on the Stoned Golem.

And now, here is the list of questions:
  1. Does Pretty Balloons apply to both golems (original and mate), so that we would need to face 14*2 + 5*2 combined monster power?
  2. Is the mate of the Stoned Golem automatically joining the fight, or can I just choose not to fight it at all? If I might be able to do that, since the one helping me is half-halfling it would still mean that we need to fight both monsters either way, right?
  3. If I use Hireling (Allows you to carry and use one extra item, even if you could not otherwise. If you lose your Hireling, the item goes, too. You may discard your Hireling for an automatic escape from any monster.) to escape the monster, do I escape both of them (the overall fight) or just one of them and I still have to fight the other? In case we still have to fight the remaining monster, in case we win the battle can we get the treasures from that one monster? What about the one that we got away from (from what I understand it would be impossible to loot him since he wasn't killed, but it's worth asking)?

Finally, one question on the Hireling, that does not necessarily relate to the purpose of this discussion: does this card give you the right to wear an item that you couldn't normally due to your race/class (i.e. wear an Elf only item if you're a Human) or wear gear that you wouldn't normally have room for (i.e. an extra Armor so that you'd have two Armors on the table, or one 1 handed sword and one 2 handed sword at the same time)?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance, much appreciated!

Have a great day, everyone!
endril is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hireling, mate, stoned golem