Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Onkl

Default [Basic] Damage Reduction (Reflection) and Hit Locations

Hi guys

Can you please help me understand how Reflection works in conjuction with Hit Locations. I assume that the reflected damage hits the original hit location if applicable.

My assumption is based on the description from B47. It doesn't say that the damage type gets changed, so cut stays cut and multiplies damage, again if applicable.

The same question goes for return missile. If the mage uses the "return missile" blocking spell for an arrow aimed at the eye, will it hit the archer in the eye?

Thanks!

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
DanHoward

Default Re: [Basic] Damage Reduction (Reflection) and Hit Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
The same question goes for return missile. If the mage uses the "return missile" blocking spell for an arrow aimed at the eye, will it hit the archer in the eye?
I've always rolled randomly for the hit location.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Anthony

Default Re: [Basic] Damage Reduction (Reflection) and Hit Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Hi guys

Can you please help me understand how Reflection works in conjuction with Hit Locations.
It is unspecified in the rules, and different special effects will have different natural outcomes, including 'random', 'it hits the same location on the attacker as on the defender', and 'it hits the location that the attack came from'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
I would generally say it will reverse the course of the arrow, which will probably result in a hit to the torso.

Tags
damage reduction, hit location, hit locations, reflection, return missile