Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
Glamourweaver

Default Calabite Discord

I've read conflicting information on this: Do Calabim get character points for their starting Discord? I always assumed no, since I took the Discord to be a balancing measure (& because Kronos' Calabim become of Hell of alot less special if all they're getting is the option not to take Discord for character points).
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Calabite Discord

While I need to go through the FAQ and fix bits, http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/faq...ns-calabim-004 is what I'm going with.

The thing about Kronos' Calabim is that they do not get starting Discord and other Calabim must take it. This is a double-edged sword; while they are not inconvenienced in their job to bring mortals to their fates, any Discord they might pick up is going to be glowered at by the Gamesters. Further, since the Game actually, kinda, sorta gets along with Fate, they are less likely to cut Fate Servitors slack.

Don't pick up Selfless (in the IPG). *evil grin*
Old 04-04-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
the Luggage

We had great fun with a paranoid, hate filled, selfless balseraph hiding out in a group of Angels in our campaign.
Currently enjoying playing a jaded angel...
Discord is wonderful stuff.But if I was running calabim, I wouldn't give 'em character points for their discord.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
zogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Luggage
Discord is wonderful stuff.But if I was running calabim, I wouldn't give 'em character points for their discord.
You are, as always, free to do so. What is important is that you realize such a descision is a house rule.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calabim, discord