Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #11
Fred Brackin

Default Re: What to name this Perk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
Does it also prevent enemies from grabbing hold and throwing her across the room?
That's how it works with the "Cloaked" Perk. It never handicaps you and never gives your enemies something to use agaisnt you.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #12
AlexanderHowl

How would you model hair that damages attackers when they grab it?
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
How would you model hair that damages attackers when they grab it?
Aura, perhaps Limited to that body part if you like.

(If the hair is controllable, then you probably want to buy a prehensile tail or Extra Arm.)
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #14
Maz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
That's a good question. I don't recall any '90s char with this super-long hair being grabbed and tossed in such a manner, tho I suspect one of my players will attempt it.

I'd say yes to your question, provisionally. There's also the question of whether she would use it as a garrote. Perhaps as a balancing factor, the hair cannot be used in combat, for or against her?
Well. Personally I wouldn't mind enemies trying to grab someones hair, even if they had this perk. It just shouldn't be any easier than if they tried to grab her head.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
Pursuivant

It sounds like a variant of Cloaked to me.

A similar perk could be applied to costumes which are impractically tight or flowing, like Steampunk heroines who can run at full speed and do karate kicks while wearing corsets and crinolines.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #16
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
An NPC is being described with the following:

"Although her hair extends below her feet, it bounces and sways with each step so that while it may look like it would entangle her legs it never touches the ground nor causes her to trip over it."

For a visual, think of Artemis, Diana's short-lived (in a very literal sense) "replacement" as Wonder Woman in the mid-'90s, who was consistently drawn with hair so long she was tripping over it, yet never hindered her in combat. (Nor used to strangle her, I note.) (Not the Artemis from the Young Justice cartoon, who is a dimensional counterpart of a second-generation DC comics villain.)

I'm thinking this would be a Perk along the same lines as Masked, Cloaked, etc.; it would also be available to various PCs. What would you call it?
Oh man, that’s the perk “Shtick” from the basic book. In power ups 2 and/or marital arts there are “combat shticks” such as “cloaked”. The basic one is “Shtick” from the basic book.

Pd. I would leave it like that, “shtick”, you have remarkably long hair but it counts as having “normal length hair” (or something).

-Hide
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote