Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
m1xedup

Default Running away clarification

So my friend (A) was trying to win by forcing another player (B) to join combat. B argued that was fine, since he was then going to choose to run away even though they were winning. Naturally we all agreed and backed B to keep A from winning. What are the limits to running away? Can you just run away for the heck of it? Could I offer to help someone and then choose to run away? If I can run away at anytime, does that force the other player in combat to do so or can they continue combat on their own?
m1xedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Running away clarification

You can only Run Away if the combatants are losing, and Player B did not "own" the combat (he didn't initiate it), so it's not his decision to give up and Run Away anyway. Once a player agrees (or is forced) to help, they can't simply Run Away just because they wanted to. What value, exactly, would the ability to force someone to help without reward have if it were the case that the forced helper could then just walk away or force the team to Run Away?

So, next time one of your group wants to pull that trick, remember this: It ain't legal. However, just because one is forced to help doesn't mean one can't sabotage the combat through clever card play.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, running, running away