Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
Jamat

Default need help with books

Ok I've just unloaded my games books from the attic to put on display and find my In Nomine collection.

I'm quite sad and took the time to catalogue them by book number. Looking through the list I've noticed I have two missing (never bought) the numbers are

3304 and 3319

Can anyone tell me what these two books are tittled so I can go hunt them down and make my collection complete before I see if my group would like to try a game or two.

Jamat

P.S. my collection consists of all (but 2) of the printed books. I noticed that there are now a number of PDF books out there on the SJG site. How good are these books and are they worth getting.
Jamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
gmhack

Default Re: need help with books

I dunno about the book numbers, but the two superiors PDFs (Lilith and Eli) are *OHMYGODOUTOFTHISWORLD* good. I use them frequently in my game, and they are easily among the best for your buck game suppliments out there.
gmhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

AFAICT those stock numbers where never used for an IN book.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
RadLilim

The Core rules are worth the buy also, if only for the Bookmarks and text search abilities. And the ghosts suppliment is kinda cool, if you want to add a new aspect to your game.

And I 2nd the praise for Eli and Lilith

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I'll go check http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/ -- that links all the books currently published.

Core Rules are stock #: 3324 (blue hardcover printing) and 3301 (softcover flaming feather). There's also the black and white hardcovers; I don't know if those had different stock numbers from the softcover, or from each other.

Game Master's Guide is 3317.
Angelic Player's Guide is 3307
Infernal Player's Guide is 3309
Corporeal Player's Guide is 3315
Ethereal Player's Guide is 3318

Liber Canticorum is 3312
Liber Castellorum is 3313
Liber Reliquarum is 3310
Liber Servitorum is 3314
Liber Umbrarum (e23) is SJG82-1121
You Are Here is 3316

Superiors 1 is 3320
Superiors 2 is 3321
Superiors 3 is 3322
Superiors 4 is 3323
Lilith (e23) is SJG82-1101
Eli (e23) is SJG82-1102

The GM pack (Feast of Blades, GM screen) was 3302
In Nomine Anime is 3325
The Calendar was 9011

Night Music is 3303
The Marches is 3305
Heaven and Hell is 3306
Fall of the Malakim is 3308
The Final Trumpet is 3311

I can only speculate that they kept a few numbers "free" for projects that were not yet envisioned, or that never got off the ground. Either that, or there was a typo and no one cared enough...

Alternatively, there might have been GURPS books which slipped in somehow, and rather than change a GURPS book number at a late date, they might have just decided to live with it. But I'm not going to go checking the GURPS books to see!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
Michaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Core Rules are stock #: 3324 (blue hardcover printing) and 3301 (softcover flaming feather). There's also the black and white hardcovers; I don't know if those had different stock numbers from the softcover, or from each other.
Softcoves and hardcovers generally have different stock numbers. The leather bound hardcovers also had different numbers from each other and the blue hardcover.

Quote:
I can only speculate that they kept a few numbers "free" for projects that were not yet envisioned, or that never got off the ground.
Bingo. Particularly in earlier times, stock numbers were often assigned very early in the product development process and some of the products fizzled.

(This PSA has been brought to you by a former SJ Games peon who was responsible for assigning/tracking such things for several years.)
Michaela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta