Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-08-2018, 08:12 PM   #4341
chumley1013

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
<Okay, done.>

She heads to a group of her friends and talks to them. She tells them that they are going to use one of the tents to have some fun and asks them to make sure it's not interrupted.
Cameron pulls up a new song with no fanfare. She eyes Ryuki and Corat in the crowd and nods once. Shortly, House of Pain's 'Jump Around' starts playing.

((Let's flark this guy up, yeah?))
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #4342
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron pulls up a new song with no fanfare. She eyes Ryuki and Corat in the crowd and nods once. Shortly, House of Pain's 'Jump Around' starts playing.

((Let's flark this guy up, yeah?))
<<I don't-->> but Ryuki hesitated, and the thought is lost along with the radio connection. Not a problem, as Von Galen and most of the party move in to the blue tent. There's a chair and a couple of folding tables in there, but it looks like whatever company had planned to be in it was using it as storage space at best. There are a couple of plastic bins stacked under the tables, but nothing more.

The guy Corat possessed pushes Von Galen in, turns around, and wonders for a moment what just happened. The music limits his confusion to just a moment and he returns to the crowd's mass jumping around.

Ryuki, however, is late to the party. Sunae has to decide whether to leave the possessed car on its own, so her pause buys her a moment to see where he has gone. He eye-checks Glen to see whether he'll need help and Cameron to see whether she's coming, and then lets himself into the tent where we last saw Nisroc.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #4343
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ryuki, however, is late to the party. Sunae has to decide whether to leave the possessed car on its own, so her pause buys her a moment to see where he has gone. He eye-checks Glen to see whether he'll need help and Cameron to see whether she's coming, and then lets himself into the tent where we last saw Nisroc.
Sunae sighs. She really would rather not leave the car but she may be needed. She worries about the safety of the girls, (screw the party'ers), and makes a decision.

She says softly to the car,

"Let's bring you to the showroom. I don't want these drunkards spilling their drinks on you or bumping into you. The showroom, you will be pampered as you deserve."

She opens the driver's door and tries to gently push the car forward slowly. Sunae knows that people will move out of the way of a car.

"Please let me lead you. I want to get you out of harm's way, which is a hell of a lot more than that idiot ever bothered to think of."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #4344
Puck

Quote:
Sunae sighs. She really would rather not leave the car but she may be needed. She worries about the safety of the girls, (screw the party'ers), and makes a decision.

She says softly to the car,

"Let's bring you to the showroom. I don't want these drunkards spilling their drinks on you or bumping into you. The showroom, you will be pampered as you deserve."

She opens the driver's door and tries to gently push the car forward slowly. Sunae knows that people will move out of the way of a car.

"Please let me lead you. I want to get you out of harm's way, which is a hell of a lot more than that idiot ever bothered to think of."
Mitch steps out and opens the passenger door, helping Sunae push the car.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:18 AM   #4345
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch steps out and opens the passenger door, helping Sunae push the car.
"Thank you Mitch. Normally I would just ask someone to drive the car over to the show room, but I don't want to risk hurting the girls."

As they (hopefully) move the car, Sunae continues to whisper soothing word to it, hoping that it will be enough for the spirits in the car to cooperate.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #4346
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Thank you Mitch. Normally I would just ask someone to drive the car over to the show room, but I don't want to risk hurting the girls."

As they (hopefully) move the car, Sunae continues to whisper soothing word to it, hoping that it will be enough for the spirits in the car to cooperate.
The two wild horses possessing the car are soothed enough to be led to a luxurious place, and Mitch finds himself in the uncomfortable position of only pretending to push the car. Once there they get a little frisky at the normals petting them, but get downright petulant when Sunae tries to leave. Fortunately luck--or the gods--intervene.

A shadow forms over the car show despite there not being a cloud in the sky. A 'whoa' goes up from the crowd and a show organizer borrows the mic from Cameron. "That's an eclipse, people. Be sure not to look directly at it unless you have some seriously high-rated shades!" The crowd cheers, but there's a small grumble too. Somebody should have provided those little paper viewers, dammit. It's not like nobody predicted the eclipse...

The horses get real quiet after that.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #4347
ladyarcana55

Sunae looks around.

"Mitch...you should join the others. They will need your help for this interrogation."

Sunae continues to watch. Something is about to happen...
Old 04-17-2018, 11:50 PM   #4348
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae looks around.

"Mitch...you should join the others. They will need your help for this interrogation."

Sunae continues to watch. Something is about to happen...
The car/horses remain pacified even as the eclipse slowly passes. At the DJ booth, a local DJ steps up and politely takes the reins from Cameron, freeing her up to do other things. Most of her new friends have gone into a blue tent for a pow-wow, but Ryuki has stepped into another nearby. They're all up to something, but possibly two different somethings.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #4349
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The car/horses remain pacified even as the eclipse slowly passes. At the DJ booth, a local DJ steps up and politely takes the reins from Cameron, freeing her up to do other things. Most of her new friends have gone into a blue tent for a pow-wow, but Ryuki has stepped into another nearby. They're all up to something, but possibly two different somethings.
Sunae stays for a few more moments to make sure this is all that happens. When she is sufficiently satisfied, Sunae slowly makes her way to the tent where everyone is.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #4350
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae stays for a few more moments to make sure this is all that happens. When she is sufficiently satisfied, Sunae slowly makes her way to the tent where everyone is.
As Sunae, Cameron, and (presumably) Glen enter the blue tent, they see Corat in his familiar vessel flanking Von Galen. Kane, also in his familiar cowboy 'suit' is on the man's right. They're standing, and Von Galen looks like he's deciding whether to bolt or stand bravely. At this point he's standing, running not being a viable option.

Ryuki has not yet joined you. The song that began a moment ago is cut short and replaced with this one. Ghost Riders in the Sky If there's any trouble outside, say with the Phaeton car, you can't hear it.

((OOC I was going to detail the inside of the tent but a) I swear I've written that before, and b) this allows you all to improvise what might plausibly be there. ))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 04-22-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: OOC details
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine