Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
Blind Mapmaker

Default [DF] Reverse Dungeon

For re-activating a DF-esque Forgotten Realms campaign and introducing a couple of new players to the group I'm thinking of using the good, old reverse dungeons. I would be interested if anybody has experience with this sort of thing and/or ideas on how to do this.

A little background: Due to weird magical effects during the Time of Troubles the remaining three characters get teleported into the midst of a dungeon of some kind. This includes their horses and carriage (which they can't afford to lose). They will soon encounter the three new characters. From then on the adventure will be mainly about getting out and making off with some good loot without getting killed on the way. The whole thing shouldn't take more than two or three sessions. The party consists mainly of melee fighters, but also has one fairly badass (if focused) wizard-type and a bard/healer. We are not using straight DF templates and the characters are in the neighbourhood of 325-350 points.

I'm a bit stuck for ideas as for what to use for a backdrop. A cyclopean fortress of some ancient horror later adapted by humanoids might be best to get the carriage through, but I'm not sure whether that makes it too easy.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure design, dungeon fantasy, forgotten realms