Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-08-2019, 12:11 AM   #11
namada
Banned

Default Re: DFRPG-GURPS DF adventure/monster compatibility

Thanks, Michael, that's good to know about #2. I got the box & screen in yesterday. I've only done some skimming of the contents so far, but even with adding a Smuggler adventure in between the two Rat adventures, that way is still feeling too short. DFRPG sure is purdy though...
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:55 AM   #12
Dalin

The more I think about it, the more I think that placing the rat adventures in Wadi al-Sheik and ramping up from them to Mirror of the Fire Demon would be a fun campaign arc. MotFD is a longer adventure with higher stakes, so it widens the scope nicely after the two rat adventures.

Another option for a bigger campaign arc would be to place the rat adventures in Isfjall, in Douglas Cole's Nordlond, and use them as a prelude to Hall of Judgment. Lots of flavor in the setting, plenty of options for mini-adventures and side treks, and support for expanding the campaign further with the Citadel at Nordvorn and forthcoming adventures.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #13
namada
Banned

Funny you should mention it - I've been eyeing Douglas Cole's work for a bit now, wondering if I should go that route rather than converting from another system, as I was hoping to avoid, but is looking increasingly inevitable. ;)

I'd hoped for something that includes a satisfying conclusion to the arc, so the other DF adventures, which are meant to be dropped into ongoing campaigns, are not really what I'm looking for, whereas the arc in The Elven Crystals, does have a really cool ending to it, wrapping things up rather abruptly, but with such drastic changes that it seems an obvious stopping point for a campaign, rather than something you'd continue - at least to me. That's the primary reason I'm still so heavily leaning toward converting that at the moment, for the sweet wrap-up.

Do you own Douglas' stuff too? I'd like to talk about that in some more detail, however, that's getting off topic, perhaps we should take that into another thread...
namada is offline   Reply With Quote