Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #41
Jürgen Hubert

Default Re: The GURPS Index

I've been working on the Weapons by TL page (the Weapons by Type page can wait until we have the former.

The structure I have given this page looks:

++ TL
+++ Melee/Ranged Weapon
++++ Governing skill

I've added the weapons from the Basic Set, and finished with the weapons from GURPS Horror that another contributor started - though it turns out that many of the weapons in GURPS Horror don't have TLs listed (baseball bats, golf clubs, and so forth...). The same poster has also added numerous weapons (though not all) from GURPS Ultra-Tech, but they also need to be sorted into the proper skill categories.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #42
Jürgen Hubert

Lord Rasputin has been very busy adding stuff to the Index lately, for which he should get a big round of applause.

I've also added a "Books added to Index" page - if you have finished adding the contents of a GURPS 4E book or Pyramid 3E issue, add it to this list as well.

Though I think we have more content in the index than listed here - I suspect that GURPS Magic: Death Magic and GURPS Magic: Plant Magic are already complete, but I haven't double-checked this.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:50 AM   #43
Jürgen Hubert

I've added the stuff from GURPS Magic Styles: Dungeon Magic to the index - magic styles (of course), new spells, new occupational templates and a few "Secret Material" perks.

The Spells by College list was a bit tricky at times, since the spells in the supplement did not generally list their college. What college does "Mana Vortex" fall into, for instance? I eventually went with the Meta College for its direct manipulation of magical energy.

But all in all, that list is getting nicely impressive - I especially like that we get some more interesting attack and defense spells for a bunch of colleges that had a shortage of them in the basic GURPS Magic book. And speaking of which, looking at the Books added to Index list - which GURPS 4E supplements and Pyramid issues have magic spells that aren't on the list yet? I am currently rather motivated to add those...

Magic styles and perks are of interest as well.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:57 AM   #44
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Nice! At least the MTs in the core book are fiendishly difficult to find via the index, so very good to have them in the wiki.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:02 AM   #45
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Nice! At least the MTs in the core book are fiendishly difficult to find via the index, so very good to have them in the wiki.
Is there anything else you feel is missing from the list of Indices?
Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #46
Jürgen Hubert

I am currently going through Pyramid 3/68: Natural Magic and I've come across the article on Metallic Alchemy.

That made me wonder: How many alchemical elixirs and whatnot are scattered throughout the different GURPS books? Would that be worth an additional index page?
Old 10-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #47
Rasputin

Quote:
I am currently going through Pyramid 3/68: Natural Magic and I've come across the article on Metallic Alchemy.

That made me wonder: How many alchemical elixirs and whatnot are scattered throughout the different GURPS books? Would that be worth an additional index page?
About 60 or so, not counting that article. I think I still have my dummy markup for elixirs on my Mac, if you're going to make a page.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #48
Rasputin

Quote:
Though I think we have more content in the index than listed here - I suspect that GURPS Magic: Death Magic and GURPS Magic: Plant Magic are already complete, but I haven't double-checked this.
They are. They're the reason I went ahead and added all of GURPS Magic: with all the references and repurposed spells in the Fungus College, it seemed silly not to.

My current plan is to finish the Pyramids I have (3 left, though that includes 68), then go through the rest of the DF series and the first two Action books. After that, I'll slog through the other stuff I have, working off the release threads of years past. I don't have the Action 3 and 4 or any Monster Hunters, so that would be good for someone else. Among other things.

And nobody is bothering with gear. If someone has too much time on his hands, he can do that. Start with Basic and the four Tech books to give it structure.

My GURPS blog.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #49
Woodman

I've added the Styles from Yrth Fighting Styles
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #50
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I've added the Styles from Yrth Fighting Styles
Good! Is there other crunch in there to add?

My GURPS blog.