Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 AM   #11
MIB2826

Default Re: Munchkin Gender

I normally make players remember they gender, and if they forget, and the others forget as well...... well, it _is_ Munchkin.

I do feel I'm not obliged to hold up a sign with all my strength and weaknesses on them. If you don't pay attention, then that's _your_ problem.

I would refuse any self-made gender card, or carboard hero or such.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB2826
I do feel I'm not obliged to hold up a sign with all my strength and weaknesses on them. If you don't pay attention, then that's _your_ problem.
So what about your Item cards that give you bonuses - do you put them in play and then turn 'em facedown so nobody knows what you've got? After all, they're just little cardstock signs with your strengths and weaknesses on them....

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #13
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB2826
I normally make players remember they gender, and if they forget, and the others forget as well...... well, it _is_ Munchkin.

I would refuse any self-made gender card, or carboard hero or such.
Thus we would staple the "Change Sex" card to your forhead and then remove it with a claw hammer if you wishing ring it or at the end of the game.

We don't recycle them, they stay on the table, infront of the person they are affecting.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #14
DenSpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes
We don't recycle them, they stay on the table, infront of the person they are affecting.
My vision is that curse stays on the table till the next fight (indicating penalty for next fight) and after that goes to discard -- just to make it appear on next reshuffle.

And my vision is that after curse is applied (and you didn't use some Wishing ring to counter it) the usage of Wishing ring will just remove penalty (but not restore gender).

Correct me, if my vision is wrong.
DenSpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 AM   #15
MIB2826

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob
So what about your Item cards that give you bonuses - do you put them in play and then turn 'em facedown so nobody knows what you've got? After all, they're just little cardstock signs with your strengths and weaknesses on them....
No, that would be cheating [roe].

Putting up a sign telling you which gender you are at that moment is very nice of you, but not doing so isn't cheating.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #16
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenSpb
My vision is that curse stays on the table till the next fight (indicating penalty for next fight) and after that goes to discard -- just to make it appear on next reshuffle.

And my vision is that after curse is applied (and you didn't use some Wishing ring to counter it) the usage of Wishing ring will just remove penalty (but not restore gender).

Correct me, if my vision is wrong.
Either way works... really, it almost a "it's my game, it works this way" type of deal.

Pat
Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #17
DenSpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes
Either way works... really, it almost a "it's my game, it works this way" type of deal.
Well, after closer look on rules I will disagree.

Star Munchkin :: When To Play Cards :: Traps section explicitly refers "Chromosome Switch" card and says it is kept "until your next fight".
And I think that is the way it should work for other Sex Changing Curse/Traps.
DenSpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #18
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenSpb
Well, after closer look on rules I will disagree.

Star Munchkin :: When To Play Cards :: Traps section explicitly refers "Chromosome Switch" card and says it is kept "until your next fight".
And I think that is the way it should work for other Sex Changing Curse/Traps.
Please, feel free to disagree.... Now, I own my game and will have the cards on the table, you own yours and won't..... That's why I always play with my set.

Pat
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #19
Shfoosmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_Bird
(There's also been some comments in my group about making a Curse:Transgendered card, and having a house rule that players could choose to start out affected by that curse. But I keep telling them that the game is supposed to be simple to play, and turning the two-gender system into a four-gender system (Male, Female, 'Both,' 'Neither') is just too much complication.)

Actually, that could work well. A four-way system would be interesting: one card would change you to either "Both" or "Neither", or back again to your original gender. If you got the sex-change (Not transgendering on, the normal one) then you would either change from male to female or female to male, or both to neither, or niether to both. The "Both" would get all of the disadvantages, but all of the advantages. Ina place where it would conflict (IE "Will not fight males, will only fight females") The disadvantage gets chosen. IF they have neither, they get none of the disadvantages and none of the advantages. SJ should make an expanstion like that.

It's antler-smashing fun!
Shfoosmuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
Half-Bear Troll Rider

The real question is if I have a Beutiful assistent (space munchkin) and I lose my gender (stick figures bad stuff), Does she loyaly become both?