Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-13-2022, 01:51 AM   #1
PajamaUnks93

Default Deus Ex Machinegun as Elf

I was playing a round of Munchkins with friends and one of them had entered combat in which they had to asked for help. He had a way to force me to help him without giving me any treasures, but I would get a level because I was an elf.

As I was helping him, we were going to be able to defeat the monster, giving my friends 2 levels and 5 treasures. Since I did not want this to happen I used the Deus Ex Machinegun card so that the “gods” would come down and kill all the monsters, taking with them all the levels and treasures.

Since I was an elf and helping during this combat I argued that I should get a level and the levels and treasures specified on the monster card are gone.

My friends argued that because the gods came down to kill the monster I did not help kill the monster. Therefore, they argue, that I do not get the level due to my elf ability.

But shouldn’t I get a level since the card would not have been played without me and therefore the monsters would not have been killed without my “help”?

The only thing I might concede is that the gods take my level with them… but other than that I think this still counts as me helping “someone else” defeat the monsters in combat.
PajamaUnks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Deus Ex Machinegun as Elf

Well, you didn't help kill the monster, since it was killed by the gods. The card explicitly says there is no level or treasure reward. Either way, you would get no level reward.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote