Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #11
Tomsdad

Default Re: Martial Arts questions through Muay Thai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Hmm yeah I was originally assuming telegraph plus all out attack for the plus four.

I've never fallen over from a missed kick ever. I've had my leg grabbed and tipped over but that's another thing.
Telegraphed kicks are easier to leg catch it's true
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #12
T.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Hmm yeah I was originally assuming telegraph plus all out attack for the plus four.

I've never fallen over from a missed kick ever nor have my sparring opponents (though I suppose what's a miss or potential hit for me isn't for GURPS). I've had my leg grabbed and tipped over but that's another thing. Perhaps allow a bonus to the dex roll to stand up given it isn't as stressful as a real fight? Doesn't feel right though as the sparring is pretty intense.
A Miss in Gurps is when you loose your balance kicking, not that you failed to connect the kick with your sparring partner (which is normally a dodge or parry).

I've seen my share of falls and sprains from people while kicking a punch bag. Beginners and even intermediate kickboxers and nak muays, while trying to perform simple side or front kicks or sometimes while doing spinning kicks, jumping or not.
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #13
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
A Miss in Gurps is when you loose your balance kicking, not that you failed to connect the kick with your sparring partner (which is normally a dodge or parry).

I've seen my share of falls and sprains from people while kicking a punch bag. Beginners and even intermediate kickboxers and nak muays, while trying to perform simple side or front kicks or sometimes while doing spinning kicks, jumping or not.
I think that some of that might just be critical failures.

I'm pretty sure I've fallen over just walking to class.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, martial arts, muay thai