Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

View Poll Results: Epic?
I've never played Epic. 69 34.85%
I've tried Epic once or twice, but we prefer the standard game. 44 22.22%
I play Epic occasionally. 61 30.81%
I usually play Epic. 14 7.07%
I never play anything BUT Epic, if I have a choice. 5 2.53%
Once again, you have failed to give me a valid answer. An Epic fail, as it were. I shall explain further in the comments. 5 2.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #31
Morgul_Maggot

Default Re: Epic?

I've had one successful Epic game and had a blast with it... lasted for right at 5 hours. Definitely looking forward to the next one, once I've gathered another group hungry for munchkinly madness. :)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #32
IceClimbers_Popo_Nana

EPIC IS THE BEST! but it's hard to make time for it!
IceClimbers_Popo_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #33
Nevarh

I seldom play Munchkin with the same players. Our normal munchkin games tend to be quite long and up to now I failed to convince the other players to try the extra long version of the game with the Epic rules.
Nevarh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #34
MS121HAZEL

I have never played an Epic game as i didn't feel i had the cards to make it worthwhile (Munchkin 7: Cheat with Both Hands).

I now have this expansion and am looking forward to my first Epic game.
MS121HAZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
mavzb

We usually find that a standard game lasts long enough. We've had experiences of (other) games being extended for a lot longer than originally envisioned, as yet we haven't tried Epic.
mavzb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
mmbfan

Since I have all the core sets and expansions, and since we usually play Blender games, we usually play Epic just so we can get through more of the cards.

If we don't play Epic we usually play back to back games without shuffling the discards back in, so that we can get through more of the cards.
mmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #37
EReynolds11

The sad truth is that when I play munchkin my games last on average about 3-4 hours. Adding and additional 2-3 hours of EPICNESS to this games is no problem for me. But the people I play with all want to go and go sleep... I know lame, right?

If I establish this is going to be an EPIC game, I have to start the game at least by 5:00 Pm or sooner to get the game done by 10 or 11. Its a great way to spend an afternoon!!!
EReynolds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
jvacca1

I've never played Epic because regular Munchkin takes long enough in our group. I want to try Epic but haven't gotten a chance yet to do so.
jvacca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #39
cartmanbeck

We played our first game of Epic last night, and it was a lot of fun. The only annoyance was having to reference the Epic rulesheet for each epic (or Epic Junior) player, and people definitely forgot their epic powers sometimes. I'm going to print out the epic reference cards to help with that problem, for sure.

We actually didn't have time to finish the game (make it all the way to level 20) so I ended up being named the winner with a final level of 18 by the time we had to quit. :-D
cartmanbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
DHLarson

We have played it a few time but we tend to playing Axe Cop, Apocalypse, Zombies and a lot of a really weirdly modified Conan deck. Last time I checked there wasn’t any epic rules for those sets.

Personally I’d like some officially printed cards to keep in my card box rather then carrying around print outs.
DHLarson is offline   Reply With Quote