Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
David Johnston2

Default Re: Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
SM -1 is about right. Average Durulz is 33kg, average Gloranthan human 63kg.

Maybe ST -3, they really are small.

Should have DX +1 and HT +1.

Also Extra Hit Points, on average they have slightly more than the average human.

Should not have Night Vision. Enhanced vision is a Yelmic trait and Yelm hates them.
If Yelm's a solar god, it wouldn't have much to say about night vision. Also having a HT bonus would probably be enough to give them the enhanced durability of a Runequest duck.

Quote:
No reason for a restricted diet. They have teeth and gizzards, they can give the Uz a run for their money in the gourmand category.
And even real ducks don't have that tight a diet anyway.

Quote:
They are smokers, about the only ones in Glorantha (except for certain drug addicts). So some sort of Addiction/OPH.
That's a cultural thing, not a racial trait.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Anders

Default Re: Ducks

Quote:
Should have DX +1 and HT +1.

Also Extra Hit Points, on average they have slightly more than the average human.
I want the race to be really low-cost and at the same time not give them too low ST (since I want brown ducks to be a credible threat).

Quote:
Should not have Night Vision. Enhanced vision is a Yelmic trait and Yelm hates them.

Needs some sort of Social Stigma. They have both low "charisma" and a huge penalty from followers of all non-death cults.

There is a Durulz saying: "They will hate you anyway, make sure you deseve it."

No reason for a restricted diet. They have teeth and gizzards, they can give the Uz a run for their money in the gourmand category.
This is not for a Glorantha campaign - like I said, the inspiration comes primarily from Drakar & Demoner, who got their inspiration from Glorantha. This is for an entirely different world. Night Vision was primarily for use when they're diving; it gets dark very quickly down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
I'd suggest some kind of Resistant or Reduced Consumption (Cast Iron Stomach) if they can live on rotting fish.
They can't live on rotting fish, but they can eat preserved fish (like pickled herring, surströmming, lutfisk and hakarl).

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
And even real ducks don't have that tight a diet anyway.
Well, no but I liked it.

I've taken your suggestions under consideration. Thanks everyone.

Tags
fantasy, races