Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
DCobs

Default Munchkin Legends Deluxe Character Cards

I've played Munchkins with my friends before and really enjoyed it, so I got my own. I noticed some differences though, when we played theirs they had character cards that had a male side and a female side. Mine came with character cards that had a little wimpy guy side and a strong knight side. My friends had the original edition and I have the Legends edition. Since some of the game mechanics have to do with character sex, it seems really confusing as to why the character cards I have do not have a male and female side.

Can someone please explain to me why the legends character cards do not keep of track of character sex and what the different sides are instead supposed to be used for?
DCobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
FireTigeris

Default Re: Munchkin Legends Deluxe Character Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCobs View Post
I've played Munchkins with my friends before and really enjoyed it, so I got my own. I noticed some differences though, when we played theirs they had character cards that had a male side and a female side. Mine came with character cards that had a little wimpy guy side and a strong knight side. My friends had the original edition and I have the Legends edition. Since some of the game mechanics have to do with character sex, it seems really confusing as to why the character cards I have do not have a male and female side.

Can someone please explain to me why the legends character cards do not keep of track of character sex and what the different sides are instead supposed to be used for?
Could that be for Epic and not Epic? So you can use the same board? My Legends (1st Ed, 1st Pr) had the normal male/female cards in each color.
Star: S0D, SS.
Zombie: Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4.
Fantasy: M0D, M7, M8, L1, L2, L3, MP, MgP, KB, SK, PA.
FireTigeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
NotAlwaysYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCobs View Post
Mine came with character cards that had a little wimpy guy side and a strong knight side.
I'm inclined to say your cards still have the sexes, because you have described my same cards in my set. Look closer proportions of the Knight's torso, I'm certain that side is the female one, you just have to factor in the fact she is wearing armor over herself so it conceals her.
NotAlwaysYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Correct, the "knight" side is the female character card. The proportions are hourglass-ish. Spyke is obviously Spyke on the other side.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote