Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
faitfull

Default Ultra Tech setting with shotgun, handling range and armor

Hi, my first post on forum YAY!

Some of my friends and I play a ultra tech setting somewhere in starwars. I am currenly considering a new character and begun thinking about using a shotgun, perhaps a Gauss CAW 18.5mm from UT 142

However it got me thinking.

How do I deal with strong armored foes? The typical stormtropper have DR 50 torso, DR 30 on arms and 20-10 on head. Not that we meet them often, however I would like to be able to do something beside running away in fear.

I noticed that there is armor piercing rounds, however not allowed in Gauss weapons. and other shotguns already suffer from lesser dmg.....

Secondly can I somehow modify the shotgun to get lowered range to take advantage of the Shotguns and Multiple Projectiles rules in B409 ? for a more easy hit without going 20 yards away from my enemy (asumed shotshells from UT154 )

I really dont know if it is a decent weapon choice in UT, however it could be fun, and I always wanted to try it out. Note: I might be making a HRD human replica droid that may also be a doctor for the other players (meetbags) there proberly are not a ton of points for weapon training.
faitfull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
range, ranged modifier, shotgun, ultra tech, weapon